Got divorced.. deal of a life time.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Well guys.. the verdict is in.. This morning on my way to work some douche bag was cutting lanes and trying to get 1 car ahead (yeah those types of people) and cut me off to the point where i had to swerve into on coming traffic.. and in result the car has been totaled. Insurance has not gave me the amount they are giving me but they told me above 10k. So it is a bitter sweet end.

My plans now include buying the cobra back from the insurance and either fixing it up again or swap everything into the 83.

Thanks for the interests in the cars.. should have jumped on the deal sooner hahahah.

cbd1.jpg

cbd2.jpg

cbd3.jpg

cbd4.jpg

mongo57988

Established Member
First off glad you are o.k.

Second come on sale me the wrecked one. I'll give ya the 2k the insurance company will want for the car.

They usually ask for 20% of the vehicle's value. SO if they give you 10k for the car you should be able to buy back for 2K. Most times they will settle for about 15% so try to low ball them (they always have wiggle room trust me I know).

[email protected] if you want to sale LOL im sure you are keeping it.........

Dustin

ISMELLRICE

Established Member
feel bad for the car but shit your going to have a sweet ass project coming up...goog luck with it...if your selling the wheels let me know

anth6ny

Sloobra
Established Member
First off glad you are o.k.

Second come on sale me the wrecked one. I'll give ya the 2k the insurance company will want for the car.

They usually ask for 20% of the vehicle's value. SO if they give you 10k for the car you should be able to buy back for 2K. Most times they will settle for about 15% so try to low ball them (they always have wiggle room trust me I know).

[email protected] if you want to sale LOL im sure you are keeping it.........

Dustin

Since he will be using his collision coverage his company will try to retain the vehicle but if he chooses to buy it from them he will have to pay the exact salvage value the insurance company would be receiving from a salvage yard. The salvage value isn't negotiable but the total loss value is negotiable. This process can take 90 days due to the insurance company waiting for a bid on the salvaged car and additional time to receive title..... then you'll have to repair the car using all the proper parts and have it inspected by the state in order to receive a 907a title.

TheycallmeDave

Established Member
I would not take the car now. Its suffered some structure damage by the looks of it. Or at the very least, the body is going to squeek and rattle. Glad you are alright..thats what counts . Mustangs are replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread