got caught for speeding in VA Beach. 52/30 mph

2001asp

Established Member
It will cost $176 if I just pay the fine and I was offered to just pay it vice showing up in front of the judge. I was very respectful to the officer. I do have a consealed permit to carry a firearm. When I pulled over, I shut the motor off and rested both hands on my window sill as the windows were open. He came up to me and identified who he was and asked me if I was carry a fire arm..I replied "no", but that I did have a pepper spray in the arm rest. He was cool with that, then he let me know I was stopped for speeding 53 in a 30mph zone........Bummmer. First one in 5 years. I think I will go to court and see if I can plead to a lesser charge, or maybe get a saturday school with no points assessed....We will see. What do you all think. Oh, btw, when he returned, he said he was not going to charge me wreckless driving too:poke:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
wait, so whats the concealed permit and the pepper spray have to do with anything?

2001asp

Established Member
It was my first time being pulled over since owning this permit, and I was unsure of how it was going to go with the officer.(When you get pulled over, the police will know if I do have a consealed permit which would naturally make them a little uneasy when walking up to my car.)

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
oh, i didnt realize they could tell you had a concealed permit. My brother is a state trooper and i'm pretty sure they cant see that info in MD. i have a concealed permit too. so did you have a gun and lie about it or was you just not carrying at that particular time?

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Goodluck with the Judge, VA Beach is one place i would never drive through after one of my friends got hammered with multiple violations. Seems like once the cop found out he was AD AF he laid on a another charge or two like reckless and something else...sounds like you got lucky with just speeding for doing more than 20 mph over the limit..

Users who are viewing this thread