Got any pics of where you installed your oil scavenge pump's.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
You can get catch cans just about anywhere.. I got mine off ebay and there are lots of them on there.

I think the best design to use is this one: eBay Motors: GARRETT Excess Oil Accumulator Catch Can/TANK Kit Rev3 (item 370121512912 end time Apr-27-09 13:11:22 PDT)

Just awesome that it has a filter element on the top like that!

I will be making some changes to my PCV system when I put my new motor in. I plan to use the SHM oil seperator on the the passenger side valve cover and a JLT oil seperator on the driver side and vent both of those to my catch can. I will then run a hose from the other port on my catch can pre-turbo to actually get some positive ventilation. Should work nicely!

TRBO VNM

I just put a turbowerx on a single hellion car today. I mounted it where the stock intercooler pump was. in that general area.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I just put a turbowerx on a single hellion car today. I mounted it where the stock intercooler pump was. in that general area.

Why would a single Hellion car even need one?

Did he not want to tap into the oil pan, so maybe he is pumping it back into the top of the motor or something instead??

TRBO VNM

Why would a single Hellion car even need one?

Did he not want to tap into the oil pan, so maybe he is pumping it back into the top of the motor or something instead??

he didn't, but he wanted to try it out. he had an odd issue imo. he kept having oil seapage coming from somewhere, but he could never figured it out. changed the drain line, rebuilt the turbo, change the valve cover routing, put a breather/catch can in, etc. new couplers. could never pinpoint the issue. so he just got a precision 76 and wanted me to put that in and the turbowerx this weekend.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
that would be me!

i have had bad luck with my turbo setup since july 08. i tried everything but for some reason i kept blowing seals on my turbos. after rebuilding 2 different turbonetics turbos and still have an issue, i decided to get a precision journal bearing turbo and a turbowerx pump and try that! just drove home tonight from Jason's place and with no real issue! even got on it and everything was fine except for some smoke that turned out to be residuel oil. just go home and everything looks good!

thanks again Jason!

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Sounds like a Turbonetic issue to me..

Hope everything works out well for you man, nothing worse than a nice turbo cobra with blue smoke puffing out the back... BEEN THERE DONE THAT

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
Sounds like a Turbonetic issue to me..

Hope everything works out well for you man, nothing worse than a nice turbo cobra with blue smoke puffing out the back... BEEN THERE DONE THAT

thanks i hope this is the answer. ironically, i have never had smoke coming out back! it was always just leaks from the turbo. i think i just had bad luck. hopefully its done now!

TTBEAST

Established Member
Iprobably had 10 people tell me my car was smoking last night ... I will not drive the car until the scavenge pump is on. I hope to get it done tomorrow night. It sucks to have a bad ass car that looks like a hoopty mobile.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Yeah DO NOT drive your car with it burning oil! When I first bought my car it didn't really smoke at all, but by the end of the summer (about 4k miles) it was like I was burning old tires..

I then took the turbos off to be rebuilt (which sucked caused the guys hot tanked my turbine housings and stripped off the Jet-Hot coating so I had to send them back to Jet-Hot to be re-coated) and reinstalled them with new drain lines which I routed as good as physically possible, and I also installed Function7 restrictors.

Here is what the drains looked like going into my oil pan:
CIMG2870.jpg

The bungs I had welded in:
CIMG2817.jpg

Oh and here's what had to be done to put in that god damn oil pan....
CIMG2850.jpg

Oh and at least the turbos were all pretty before I reinstalled them:
CIMG2764.jpg

But as I kinda expected it started to smoke just a little so I immediately went with a scavenge pump. I can tell you from experience it's not worth screwing around, just do it right the first time!! And then shortly after all that I lost the engine... lol

Anyways DO NOT drive with it smoking it will wreck your oil seals! I really didn't think cars with turbos mounted as high as yours would have trouble though, you really shouldn't... Maybe you should just try going with restrictors first and ensure those drain lines are PERFECT?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

yeah, he had a restrictor. and still does with the precision, just a different size. definitely odd situation. I never had a problem. ironically, solidsnak3's kit was the kit off my first comp orange.

TTBEAST

Established Member
I dont have the restrictors but i do have a scavenge pump, do you think this will be ok on its own?
I have less than 2500 miles on this combo with it smoking like it is . I hope i didnt f*** anything up.

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Mine is the same way. People would tell me all the time that my car is smoking and something is wrong with it. But they dont know. I just made a bracket and welded it to the bottom of my radiator support because i wanted the pump as close as i could to the oil pan so i didnt have to run so much line. Its out of the way and will look great when im done. I just need to go buy some fittings and a plug to plug the other hole in my oil pan. Wire it up and im ready to start up. Hopefully i dont see anymore somke.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
it doesnt hurt to use restrictors. especially on our cars. with both my turbonetics turbos, i used 0.040 nitrous jets as restrictors. on my precision, i am using a 0.063 jet since it is a journal bearing turbo. i have read that for ball bearing the smallest to go is a 0.030 and jor journal bearing a 0.060.

this was with a -4 line. im am considering going with a -3 line though.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
what type of smoke are you guys seeing? are you talking about small smoke that disappears or chimney type smoke?

i get some smoke sometimes when i come to a light but its 40degrees out at night and im running no cat. defienetly moisture. is this what you all are seeing?

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I have my -10 steel line but i think i may use the black cloth style looks nicer. Bought all my fittings, not cheap and i will have pics tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread