got a quote back from my shop.....ouch

Brutal Metal

Established Member
First off you say the dude didn't sound interested in helping you then when he see's $$$ he changes his mind? SCREW THAT way of thinking, go somewhere else!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Equally important is how good the shop is. A lower price isn't worth much if the work performed is shoddy or borderline. Given the choice, I'd rather pay a bit more and use a shop with an excellent work rating and one that has a lot of experience with these cars. JMO. Optimally you want a good price and excellent work.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
$750 to r&r blowers. $1000 to r&r the transmission. Another $250 to r&r the clutch. $500 to r&r the quadrant and firewall adjuster. $450 tuning. This is not a crusher kit 2.9 nor is it polished and it does not include the single blade throttle body. The transmission upgrades were priced at $1699 with labor on top of that.
I don't need these guys because I can do all this stuff myself. I have a lift in my shop and I can borrow a transmission hoist. I pulled my Eaton and ported it myself a few years ago and it worked out very well. Time is my biggest constraint now and if i could buy someone else's time for the same or less than my own time is worth I would consider it. However there seems to be too much unjustifiable time in this bid for me to accept it and give them the job.

:eek: No Good Luck..I'll be checking back

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Equally important is how good the shop is. A lower price isn't worth much if the work performed is shoddy or borderline. Given the choice, I'd rather pay a bit more and use a shop with an excellent work rating and one that has a lot of experience with these cars. JMO. Optimally you want a good price and excellent work.

I agree Bob!

Op damn though, 500 bucks for a firewall adjuster/quadrant!

Users who are viewing this thread