got a P1443 code. help!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i went to autozone to get a new purge valve. start cheap to figure out the problem. but they dont carry one for a cobra. only a gt. i didnt see a diffrence from gt to the stock cobra one. will that work. because i already installed and still got the code after reset. the code reads " emisions control valve" what else can it be.
.-chUcK

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Vacuum/pressure leak in your fuel tank system somewhere. We just went through this with my son's CRX. Take it to a shop with a smoke machine. The smoke will show you where the leak is in 5 minutes.

If you don't use a smoke machine, you will search for the leak for a long time.

Ours was on first startup of a restored car. Turns out the PO had drilled a hole for a screw to mount an amplifier or subwoofer, and drilled all the way into the gas tank.

CzchMex

Established Member
Ours was on first startup of a restored car. Turns out the PO had drilled a hole for a screw to mount an amplifier or subwoofer, and drilled all the way into the gas tank.

Yep...I used to work car audio. You will be surprised how many idiots drive cars...much less work on them.

There are tons of write ups on how to fix that code. Just search that code in these forums and you will find a number of guys who give a step by step to solve the issue.

If I had it bookmarked I would throw it your way...but I forgot to

Users who are viewing this thread