Got a chance to compare the 2010 2SS to the Mustang

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
Woman usually like the Camaro, most of them are the same ones who call cars cute and like ugly interiors, or like it just because it's new...

Yeah, I agree. She likes the 6speed and power; downside is the blind spot. (she's only about 5' tall)

I like it, but hate seeing a bunch of them when I drive it.

04nccobra

Established Member
Funny you came to that conclusion. I was a diehard Ford fan and owner of several mustangs my most recent which I sold to get a SS was an 04 Cobra. I found the opposite. I thought the 11 GT Interior while roomy was not nearly as comfortable as the SS's. It felt more like a sedan than a sports car. I really think they are dead even in regards to interior quality, they both need improvements. I agree that both are capable performers, with a stick it's a drivers race, with an automatic the Stang will most likely win. It was hard for me to switch teams after being in a Mustang since 1987, but to me it really was no contest the SS is what I purchased.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Funny you came to that conclusion. I was a diehard Ford fan and owner of several mustangs my most recent which I sold to get a SS was an 04 Cobra. I found the opposite. I thought the 11 GT Interior while roomy was not nearly as comfortable as the SS's. It felt more like a sedan than a sports car. I really think they are dead even in regards to interior quality, they both need improvements. I agree that both are capable performers, with a stick it's a drivers race, with an automatic the Stang will most likely win. It was hard for me to switch teams after being in a Mustang since 1987, but to me it really was no contest the SS is what I purchased.

I dunno, I thought the dash in the Camaro was disappointing. But, I've since seen pictures with two tone dash's so maybe it was just how the car I was in was optioned. Regardless, I did find the seats in the SS to be far more supportive, especially in the mid section. So you'll get no argument from me there...Ford has always had mediocre seats in the Mustangs for some stupid reason. Regarding overall comfort, that's pretty subjective, and I thought they were very close. The SS might have actually had a slightly more compliant ride now that I think back on it, but it's also heavier so that helps.

For me, the lack of nav, and that trunk were the deal breakers on the Chevy. I've got to tote a 10 month old around, which includes having to haul strollers, toys, and other crap that didn't fit very well in the trunk of the SS.

Like you, I came out of a Cobra. I sold my 2003 KB Cobra for this car, so we are coming from the same vehicle.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Who needs a damn heated seat?, does your ass and back actually get cold?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It felt more like a sedan than a sports car. I really think they are dead even in regards to interior quality, they both need improvements.

Weird you say that, the Camaro is actually built off a full sized sedan platform.

It uses the same platform as this car.

I dunno, I thought the dash in the Camaro was disappointing.

I agree. The quality of materials on the Camaro are nice, it's everything else that's horribly designed.

The quality of materials on the base GT is nothing great, but the ergonomics are way cleaner IMO.

and with the premium package it puts the 2SS Camaro interior to absolute shame.

04nccobra

Established Member
"and with the premium package it puts the 2SS Camaro interior to absolute shame"

Other than the Camaro's lack of a navigation screen, what exactly does the mustang put to shame. The Camaro has better quality seats, more seat support, additional instrumentation, bigger back seat, I think a more precise shifter, onstar safety. I would call them a draw.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
"and with the premium package it puts the 2SS Camaro interior to absolute shame"

Other than the Camaro's lack of a navigation screen, what exactly does the mustang put to shame. The Camaro has better quality seats, more seat support, additional instrumentation, bigger back seat, I think a more precise shifter, onstar safety. I would call them a draw.

Everything, the basic layout of the base Mustang GT is leaps and bounds superior. Add a touch screen navigation, sync, leather seats, nicer gauges, an available glass roof and far superior visibility it's not even a comparison. :shrug:

That's just my opinion though. ;-)

04nccobra

Established Member
The 2011's I test drove must have had differant interior package than what you folks have I guess.

wbt

Banned

I have owned them both and the Mustang has a larger trunk opening with more usable space along with a bigger back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread