got $3k coming, what do you think.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
I'm gonna dump $3 grand into the cobra. I think I've decided to keep it simple and go with a Crane 2031 cam, and a vortech A-trim. I don't want to run too much boost, 8# max. If the engine is making 360-400hp, I'd be happy with it. What do you think?

fangstang

Established Member
Honestly, I think you'd be better off with a stroker kit. 347ci naturaly aspirated with forged internals would kick ass!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'd go with a 331 for tolerance reasons. It is less likely to smack a rod on a piston skirt under higher revs. There is alot of block prep on a 302 for a 347, and the 331 has better rod angles normally.

You may want to go with Aluminum heads. Power gains and weight savings are hard to beat. Then perhaps a tubular K member for better suspension response and improved weight balance/transfer. Just a few thoughts though.

TLush

Established Member
Dart's supposed to be coming out with a new small block, it can be taken to 440ci. I believe it will accept all of the factory hardware, heads, timing chain cover, oil pan, even has the bung for the smog pump.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It would be the start of a killer sleeper.
:beer:

Wildpony

Established Member
I would go w/the blower, leave the cam stock,and put on a set of 24 pound injectors. That will probably take up most of $3K. If you have enough left over get a short throw shifter & some subframes/HPM Mega Bite Jr. lowers.. You should have a nice high 12 sec. car and later you can always get a set of heads,better intake,etc. if it's not fast enough.That's what I would do if it were my car & my $3k.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
I would go w/the blower, leave the cam stock,and put on a set of 24 pound injectors. That will probably take up most of $3K. If you have enough left over get a short throw shifter & some subframes/HPM Mega Bite Jr. lowers.. You should have a nice high 12 sec. car and later you can always get a set of heads,better intake,etc. if it's not fast enough.That's what I would do if it were my car & my $3k.

Haha, good, that's what I wanted to hear. All you guys talking about beefing up the internals, stroking it, etc,...that's too complicated for me. :D I just want to strap a blower on and be done with it!! haha.

94svt5.0

Established Member

94/95 cobras already have 24lb injectors.

94svt5.0

Established Member
I thought only the '95 -351 R model came w/24 pounders and then all '96-98 4 valves.

Nope, 24lb injectors. But, has a MAF calibrated for 19lbs. The computer recalibrates the signal.

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by 94Cobra4343

Haha, good, that's what I wanted to hear. All you guys talking about beefing up the internals, stroking it, etc,...that's too complicated for me. :D I just want to strap a blower on and be done with it!! haha.

Thats exactly it! You will be done with it.........Your motor that is! Strapping on a supercharger to an otherwise stock motor will eventually destroy your internals, and you WILL need those beefy forged internals afterwards. Just play it smart:burnout:

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
If it were me i would call excessive and order a 331, as G8WHITE said, u can get a short block w/ forged crank,rods, pistons for 1499 i think, then a set of AFR 185 heads, around a grand i think, then a upper and lower intake, and that should take care of 3 grand, then when u get another 3 grand u can get a blower and have no worries, and then u would have one hell of a fast a$$ car, just my 02.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
3-grand doesn't go far now-a-days it seems...
I like the forged 331 w/AFR's idea... and am contiemplating it myself...

94SVT Copue

Established Member
Originally posted by TLush
94SVT Copue, if you don't mind me asking, why not Excessive? I've never really delt with them much.

I'm not gonna go into detail here.. but just go to the Corral and do a search on it's boards for Excessive.. you'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread