Gords Heat Exchanger Installed (Dialup warning)

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Well I decided to put a Gords Heat Exchanger with fans in my car before the Kenne Belle gets installed. The install was a pain in the A$$ but the results were well worth it. The fans that come on the unit are SPAL fans that flow 330 CFM each so when you turn these suckers on they almost drown out the sound of the motor. Anyway here are the pics.

Here is the size comparison between the stock unit and the Gords Unit.

Gordscompare.jpg

Front view

HeatEX1.jpg

Front angle view

HeatEX2.jpg

Fan Switch location

HeatEXswitch.jpg

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Neoclasiccl,

Did you remove the bumper cover or not?

racerat,

Did gord give you any shipping info? I'm waiting on mine too.

Slobra

Established Member
I just installed my HE today as well. I thought the install was easy except for when my damn bucket dumped over with coolant..

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
SWEET!!! :beer:
I can't wait to get mine. How exactly was the install a PITA??

The wiring was the easy part. The relay is installed bolted to the steering colum frame. I ran two wires from the relay to the passenger kick panel for the ground and ignition on. The other wires (relay power and fan power) go through the firewall yellow to battery and red to fans.

The hard part is the heat exchanger install itself. You have to switch the factory hoses drivers side to passenger side and vise versa. The tough part is on the passenger side with the new HE. It took me awhile to get the hose trimmed and installed correctly to keep it from kinking. After that I filled it up.

Here is a very helpful tip to get the pump primed and flowing correctly this will work on the first try if you follow this exactly.

after you fill up the reservour take off the upper hose to the reservour off the tank then block this hole with your finger and blow (with your mouth LOL) into the reservour and you will feel with your finger (holding the hose) the air coming out of the system. Becareful since I got a nice bath from fluid when it sprayed out of the hose on me. After you see fluid come out of that hose reinstall it and top of the reservour.

Now start the car and wait for the pump to run. It should start flowing after a few min when the temps rise.

:thumbsup:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247

racerat,

Not yet. Is the GP over? Did he get the minimum number of orders? :shrug:

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Neoclasiccl,

Did you remove the bumper cover or not?

racerat,

No need to remove the front bumper but you need to pull the lower pins out so you can lower the bumper cover underneath so you can put the new HE in.

V1uhoh

Established Member
Any one who has one of these bigger HEs, could they get some dimensions for me. LxWxH...thanks

Where do you by these "Gords Heat Exchangers" from? Perhaps a number..link.. and and i can call myself.

thanks guys.

:beer:

Brad

Banned
I have a question, where did you get those chrome looking switches for the heat and whatnot, those look great.:thumbsup:

Rio

im going to do the gords he soon, but im going to purchase a ford foglight switch for a 99GT to install in the "loose change holder" spont on the console......

anyone else tried that?

Users who are viewing this thread