Gopro of my PB 11.2

2002BOSS

Established Member
Got a hold of some vids that someone ealse took.. Wish I gad a go pro lol.

This was pump gas, and street mode other then my cat back off and slicks ported eaton only..

Still want to hit a 10.99 before the years out. I ran a 11.2 @ 124 with a 100MPH 1/8 mile and a 11.3 costing thru 4th.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lusBcJnAo&feature=related"]Ben vs Silver Mustang GoPro - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPB2Eg4UL0g&feature=related"]BenvsSilverMustang - YouTube[/nomedia]

My run starts at 1.20
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnwMOVYic5E"]IMG 1055 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Then this run I cut a 1.604 60' but missed and costed thru 4th (dohh)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANoynCAQ8M&NR=1"]IMG 1063 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Going back soon with some tweeks.. Plus they finally said I need a cage witch is almost done!

2002BOSS

Established Member
Runs good, Nice!
What are you 1/8th mile times? Also what's done to the car?

Thanks
1/8 was 7.2 something @ 100, 60 foot on the 11.2 was a high 1.6

Ported blower/ welded and ported plenum, ported tb
Mid length headers, H pipe with gutted cats
3inch upper 4lbs lower, JLT true cold air, sniper tuned by me.

Tubular K, eibac pro springs in the front, stock GT suspension in the back, stock GT 8.8 with 3.73 gears

I tried to build a 2.7 pulley for it last night but stress got the best of me and I f'd it up. I am putting stock springs back in the front, putting in my Ram air into the spare head light and Useing the ice box on the next trip down. Still thinking about throing some racing fuel in aswell but not sure. really wish I could have made that pulley but I dont feel like wasting another chunk of aluminum.

The next to weeks here are supposed to be really cold, hoping its enough to thro it into the 10's. Over the winter I m building the shit out of the 8.8, suspension and tranny. I was gonna twin turbo but I need to get the car up to snuff. This years goal was just to run 11.9 but after some low 11 passes I figured it was time to shoot for the gold.

The 8.8 is a ticking time bomb tho

2002BOSS

Established Member
Nice runs! You need to launch alot higher, you can hear it bog on all the launches. You have the sticky tires, let em eat!

I know but I don't know how long the stock 8.8 is gonna take it. I think the only thing saving them now is the cushion and wrinkle of she slicks lol. Everyone has told me they won't with stand many 1.8 60's. I ve now had 3 1.6' lol. They may be full of it. I planned on a built rear end but the budget fell way short and I ended up selling alot of stuff before it made it onto the car. I still figure a stock 8.8 would be stronger then a stock IRS but who knows. I'm launching at 4500 now.

mustang john

Established Member
I know but I don't know how long the stock 8.8 is gonna take it. I think the only thing saving them now is the cushion and wrinkle of she slicks lol. Everyone has told me they won't with stand many 1.8 60's. I ve now had 3 1.6' lol. They may be full of it. I planned on a built rear end but the budget fell way short and I ended up selling alot of stuff before it made it onto the car. I still figure a stock 8.8 would be stronger then a stock IRS but who knows. I'm launching at 4500 now.

You can beef up the 8.8 on the cheap. Moser 31 spline axles are about $250, a used 31 spline trac lock can be had on ebay for around $100, any shop can weld the tubes even while in the car for about $50. This is a short list that can get you launching harder without fear of breaking the rear end for a while. When the budget allows you can add more like a diff girdle, axle brace, torque box reinforcements etc...

2002BOSS

Established Member
You can beef up the 8.8 on the cheap. Moser 31 spline axles are about $250, a used 31 spline trac lock can be had on ebay for around $100, any shop can weld the tubes even while in the car for about $50. This is a short list that can get you launching harder without fear of breaking the rear end for a while. When the budget allows you can add more like a diff girdle, axle brace, torque box reinforcements etc...

I have a fabrication shop so thats not a big deal lol. I wouldn't have enough time unfortunatly to build it before winter.. The weather here is pretty shitty and I might not even get it out again this year :(. thanks for the heads up tho. Sounds like it will be cheaper then I thought.

JMD0346

Established Member
Badass man!

Hard to believe you picked up 2 tenths and 3mph with no cat-back. Thats awesome. Im gonna have to try that. That tells me guys like us with upper/lower setups should probably go to a 3" exhaust. Damn...mo money. lol

What kinda boost are you seeing? Im seeing 18-20 depending on air temp. 2.93/6lb setup.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Badass man!

Hard to believe you picked up 2 tenths and 3mph with no cat-back. Thats awesome. Im gonna have to try that. That tells me guys like us with upper/lower setups should probably go to a 3" exhaust. Damn...mo money. lol

What kinda boost are you seeing? Im seeing 18-20 depending on air temp. 2.93/6lb setup.

Only 15lbs.. Still need to cut me a 2.7... Like I said tho my cat back is junk for flow..

I went back today.. Only 1 run.. Best 60' I have ever had 1.59 but the car slowed down from the 60'-1/8 then picked up the most MPH it ever has from the 1/8-1/4.. Only a 11.27 :( need the fuel cleaned up tho.. Back at it next weekend tho with a smaller pulley and some ice.. Hoping for some 10's still

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sSbbVFf4k&feature=feedu"]Jim - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread