GoPro in-cabin vid, longtubes + catback

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I received a GoPro for Christmas, hooray :banana:. I figured I would subject you guys to my first video, as well as share the sound of pure sex coming out of my Boss :lol1:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAygvrokXcw&list=UUmp2d7-h6TeM9FHzv5Mnfgg&index=1&feature=plcp"]Boss 302 with long tube headers and magnaflow catback in-cabin video - YouTube[/nomedia]

I have another vid uploading right now, but it's plagued with wind noise. I quickly learned that mounting your camera on the exterior is the suck....

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
No, I just set the camera on the movie icon, then hit the start/stop button. They are really easy to use, couldnt be happier so far. I'm thinking about going to the drag strip this saturday, cant wait to get some GoPro footage!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sounds beast man!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
here a vid from the exterior....with horrible wind noise :nonono:.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmEUs3DGk3M&feature=g-upl&context=G2c5c066AUAAAAAAAAAA"]Boss 302 GoPro vid - YouTube[/nomedia]

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess you will be heading back to Rockingham once the track opens back up to try out the new mods.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I guess you will be heading back to Rockingham once the track opens back up to try out the new mods.

I'm definitely going to a strip soon. Rockingham hasn't posted their 2012 schedule yet, so I might go to Darlington instead.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
What cover for the back are you using? That should minimize wind noise.
I use my water cover for it, it's completely sealed off.. Do you have the LCD screen? I reccommend it. I set up my Gopro n get the view I want then shut it off. Pretty neat!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I use the waterproof case too but once you hit like 40mph its just wind noise. I have seen some people put tape over certain parts so I might try that.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
i am struck by how little the op is in the gas.

^haha, well I took the vid in a residential area. 1st and 2nd gear are fairly useless with the stock tires, and I didnt want to double the local speed limit going into 3rd/4th at wot. That was my first GoPro vid, more to come in the future in a more appropriate location.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
What cover for the back are you using? That should minimize wind noise.
I use my water cover for it, it's completely sealed off.. Do you have the LCD screen? I reccommend it. I set up my Gopro n get the view I want then shut it off. Pretty neat!

I was using the water cover as well, which sounds great up to 40mph'ish. I'm definitely open to suggestions to eliminate the wind noise. I have the HD Hero 2 model, small lcd screen located on the front.

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
^haha, well I took the vid in a residential area. 1st and 2nd gear are fairly useless with the stock tires, and I didnt want to double the local speed limit going into 3rd/4th at wot. That was my first GoPro vid, more to come in the future in a more appropriate location.

yea...i understand.

Hey_Its_Cole

Established Member
Is it to loud for daily driving? I want long tubes but I am kind of over the retardedly loud car thing. Does it drone on the highway?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Is it to loud for daily driving? I want long tubes but I am kind of over the retardedly loud car thing. Does it drone on the highway?

It's not loud at all, zero drone. My magnaflows are pretty conservative, fairly quiet until I put my foot down. I was very specific when I bought my exhaust, can't stand an obnoxious exhaust or one that drones.

Hey_Its_Cole

Established Member
It's not loud at all, zero drone. My magnaflows are pretty conservative, fairly quiet until I put my foot down. I was very specific when I bought my exhaust, can't stand an obnoxious exhaust or one that drones.

Thanks, I am leaning towards GT500 take offs and the Kooks catted setup that retains the side pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread