Goodyear Supercar 3R

Ohio Snake

Established Member
After trolling the Corvette forums, owners were giving positive feedback on the new 3R from Goodyear. Many were using them as an alternative to to the Pilot Sport Cup 2.

I decided to get new tires this year and gave the new 3R (285/35/20 and 305/30/20) a shot. Ive had them on for about three weeks and totally impressed with the grip...albeit spirited street and highway driving. Much better the the predecessor G:2

Anyone try the 3R on the street or track? What’s your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Youre a brave man, no way in hell would I ever run Spinyears after the G2's lack of performance (or grip). I hope that they are a great tire for you, but Ill never run that brand again.

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Youre a brave man, no way in hell would I ever run Spinyears after the G2's lack of performance (or grip). I hope that they are a great tire for you, but Ill never run that brand again.

Like them a lot so far. Much grippier than the G:2. The corvette guys using them have very positive feedback and I see why.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Like them a lot so far. Much grippier than the G:2. The corvette guys using them have very positive feedback and I see why.

I totally admit its a YMMV situation, and Im very happy to hear they are working for you.

Ford spec'ed a tire that needed to perform at road course tire temps. Which is why they had shit traction when not beaten to within an inch of its temperature life lol.

Bless you for taking a chance. I just... I cant run em. Too many oh sit moments with them on a cool summer evening to trust Goodyear brand.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I totally admit its a YMMV situation, and Im very happy to hear they are working for you.

Ford spec'ed a tire that needed to perform at road course tire temps. Which is why they had shit traction when not beaten to within an inch of its temperature life lol.

Bless you for taking a chance. I just... I cant run em. Too many oh sit moments with them on a cool summer evening to trust Goodyear brand.
Personally, have not been on the track yet and nit driven in lower temp (like 65 degrees).

Your correct on the G:2 being spinners, especially with age. The 3R is quite different so far. The only reviews I can find are from vette and camaro owners for obvious reasons as the tires were OEM on the 1LE/ZL1 and i think ZR1.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Well,

I've been trying to find a new alternate combination for my GT500...

But in a 275/40R19 & 295/35R20 setup or a 275/40R19 & 305/35R20.... Mostly looking for an A/S version instead.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

I've got two sets of the OE 265/40R19 & 285/35R19 "Spinyears" that I'm trying to burn thru...
Yeah, they sorta suck but I've pushed these Goodyears thru some REAL Weather conditions and my GT500 is still in one piece.

Cold/Torrential-Rain/Heat-100F/Gravel-Road Construction/Mountain-Dew/Ice-Sleet

These Goodyears have kept me safe...

But I've had the trunk/boot loaded with stuff & family in my GT500.... going non-stop at all hours, cannon-balling it everywhere I go...

Jamming to my tunes thru my ZUNE.... heh heh heh....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread