Goodbye to Talon TSi, say hello ticket

rdvenom99

Established Member
Was cruising home last night about 3am going down 294 south at 80mph and passed an early model Talon Tsi who was going about 70mph. There were no other cars on the tollway and when I got about 3 cars passed him he hit it to catch up. He slowed down about 1 car behind me and went WOT, could hear his turbo which sounded much louder than stock with a loud ass BOV. I dropped it into third still at 80mph and he got about 2 cars ahead because of momentum then I started reeling him in fast. By the top of third I had about 2-3 cars on him and let off. I slowed to about 90mph and then comes the infamous ricer fly by :loser:

Well my adrenalin was pumping after this and at the next tollbooth I did a huge burnout leaving the gate, spinning all through first and most of second, and what do you know a state trooper waiting at the other side for an idiot like me. My friend in the passenger seat said in a soft calm voice, "dude state trooper right there." I let of and did the speed limit and a couple miles down the road I have red cherries on my arse. I had about 10 drinks last night but was fine to drive. The cop made me do the field sobriety test and I passed without a problem and ended up getting a ticket for squealing tires. Oh well better then a DUI. :-D

rdvenom99

Established Member
Yes I consider myself very lucky. It didn't help that he gave me the test on an offramp from the tollway which is slanted and makes it a little harder. The 10 drinks were over an 8 hour time period though and I was fine.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Nice, let me just say: HA HA,You got what you deserved.

Honestly, I think it's stupid that you were driving in the first place, even if you didn't feel drunk. 10 drinks is a lot unless you were drinking non-alcoholic beer. You could always pass out with out expecting it, etc. But whatever, you are lucky as shit.

Nice kill though, let’s just be glad it wasn't a kill literally. :loser:
:p

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I'm thinking that maybe the 10 drinks did affect you. Why would you do a burnout at a toll booth to begin with? They can read your license and can/will report you. And I usually see cops sitting near the tollboth.

Lucky you. Squealing is defintely easier on you than a DUI.

rdvenom99

Established Member
WireEater, I think if you can stand on one foot and count to 30 on a slanted road you're ok to drive. I know my limit and I won't drive if I think I can't do it. No doubt I got what I deserved. :)

lemosley01, Yes it was very stupid and I'm sure the alcohol had something to do with it. Just glad I got a $75 ticket rather than a DUI. I probably would've blown over .08 or very close.

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
What kind of a ticket is that? (points, fines, etc.)

'Cuz out here in Cali that would be an exhibition of speed ticket w/ 2 points on your record and sky high insurance premiums.

Consider yourself lucky x 2

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Ha - depending on who pulled you over here in Ohio, they could potentially hit you with a failure to maintain control or reckless operation.

Fun fun fun.

$75 definitely beats a DUI. I'm sure you won't make that mistake again. Try to be careful - hate to see it posted that we lost a member of the mustang community.

Yeah - I'm married w/kids. I sound like my mother now.

>sheesh<

Last edited:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Did that too -- eagle Talon tsi -- stoplight drag -- got a racing ticket and bunch of community service... Won too... Cop was ribbing me for that.

Users who are viewing this thread