Good write-up on M2K's 300mph FGT

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Think of how fast the freakin' turbo impellers are spinning if the motor is running 9000rpm... 120,000rpm? Can't even comprehend how fast that is.

Also, am I the only one concerned that the accepted abbreviation for Ford GT is "FGT?"
Now think about a turbo bike with a 14,000rpm redline.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Now think about a turbo bike with a 14,000rpm redline.

In my line of work, I think "hmm, one million cycles before rebuild/refurb."

At turbo speeds, that's 10 seconds or less.

Mind = blown.

Recon

Established Member
I’m assuming they’re referring to a factory aluminum GT block that’s sleeved. That’s unbelievably impressive to handle 3000HP with almost 3.5 bar.
And factory suspension went 270mph, wow just wow.

Pick your poison.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I’m assuming they’re referring to a factory aluminum GT block that’s sleeved. That’s unbelievably impressive to handle 3000HP with almost 3.5 bar.
And factory suspension went 270mph, wow just wow.

Pick your poison.

What they accomplished with a lot of very important components that are still mostly factory parts is incredible. Not only are they throwing stupid amounts of power and boost at it but they are crossing the 300mph barrier.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Impressive and amazing. Combined with expert knowledge, the standing mile game almost seems like a "how much money can a team throw at it" game.

If they can run upper 200's on a lot of stock stuff, seems like getting well into the 300's just means more money for bigger turbos, a custom, larger displacement block and better suspension parts/tuning. Seems as if the rotating assembly is already very stout.

Then again, we all know how much harder incremental gains are for just about anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread