Good repair shop in the phoenix area.. East valley preferred.

SCCA SM

Established Member
Hi, last night i was out in my 93 fox and it broke. its got this nasty metal to metal sound.. its 100% speed related. engine rpm, clutch position, gear have nothing to do with the sound. i figure since i just had the rear end gone through 3 days ago it cant be in there. the best way i can describe the sound is if a piece of metal somehow found its way to the drive shaft and is now turning against it.

Anyway, im located in the south east valley near the mesa airport. im looking for an honest shop to take my car to for a repair. I would fix it myself but i dont have any tools or a place to work on it. Does anyone know a shop that i can take my car to? im willing to take it to a good shop and pay for the parts and labor, but i dont want to get hosed.

i would just take it to santan ford, but im too afraid of some retard tech seeing that i have micky thompson drag radials and taking my car out for a "test drive"

MFE

Established Member
Look under the car and makes sure the emergency brake bracket and cables or a muffler hanger or a muffler aren't rubbing against the driveshaft. All of them come close tp the driveshaft and can rub against it if they come loose or get bent etc. Look for a shiny ring around your driveshaft for the exact location.

SCCA SM

Established Member
Look under the car and makes sure the emergency brake bracket and cables or a muffler hanger or a muffler aren't rubbing against the driveshaft. All of them come close tp the driveshaft and can rub against it if they come loose or get bent etc. Look for a shiny ring around your driveshaft for the exact location.

i just looked under the car.. there is a 2-3 inch patch that is shiny on the drive shaft. the mufflers are well below the drive shaft. i couldnt get a good enough view to figure anything out for sure.

the spot where the ds is rubbing the car is at the end of the tunnel right where the tunnel opens up for the rear end. is this normal? car is lowered on cut H&R super sport springs (the way i got it)

MFE

Established Member
I would take it back to whatever shop did your rear gear work, assuming they're local. It sounds like a hanger or bracket was either misplaced of came loose.

SCCA SM

Established Member
I would take it back to whatever shop did your rear gear work, assuming they're local. It sounds like a hanger or bracket was either misplaced of came loose.

RET in downey did it for me... I live in the SF bay area, go to school at ASU and the car stranded me in LA which is why i had RET fix it. im at the point now where im towing the car to the shop, so im looking for the phoenix area.

ive taken vehicles to santan ford before. i was semi happy with them. but ive never taken anything modified to them. anyone have any experience taking santan ford a modified vehicle?

MFE

Established Member
ADS in Chandler handles a lot of modified cars, I'd take it there before I took it to a dealer, but that's me. Hell, I'd consider a mobile mechanic before I towed it to a dealer.

SCCA SM

Established Member
Lol. Mobile mechanic over the dealer. Today I got my car back from ADS. The main problem is drive shaft rub. Specifically its the emergency brake cables that run along the top of the ds tunnel. Is there a way to fix this?

I tried to push the cables up and that worked for a bit but it still rubs. ADS told me to raise the rear end of the car. Im ready to do that, but my stance is SO DAMN SEXY Id rather not jack it back up.

MFE

Established Member
Yeah, "LOL" mobile mechanic over the dealer to tell you for 1/4 the cost what you've been told already for free.

Raise your back end up and you'll hook better, you're screwing your Instant Center having it that low. LOL. LOLOL. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. LOL.

pennman93

Established Member
You could try Canyon State Transmissions on Ocotillo in Queen Creek. The mechanic there was in a Mustang Club in SoCal, and had a modded Foxbody. He knows the cars very well. Turns out my wife and I went to high school with the owner back in Sacramento. Good people. They the clutch in my Cobra, and did a great job. They do more than just transmissions by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread