good racing..

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Last night I was out driving around, when I got a little tired (been up since 1:30 am the night before) so I pulled into a Costco parking lot to grab a little nap about 10 pm. I'm lightly snoozing when I hear what sounds like a convention of 2F2F cars rolling in. There must have been a dozen or so riced out imports that come rolling up, some with neon undercarriage lighting, one with a lambo drivers door(think the passenger door was stock) etc etc

About 5 minutes later half a dozen or so SRT4's roll up. They are not really mingling with the imports, so I get out of my car and go over to chat with them for about an hour. I'm talking with one of the guys about his SRT4, when word goes round that a couple of the imports are going to race.

Being a "good citizen" I follow them to where all of the SRT4's have gone, and the 2 imports. It's a rather slow race, I'm guessing these were 15 to 16 sec cars, (think an acura won)

then a couple of the SRT4's line up, I think they are stage 1 (or there abouts) decent racing, ALOT faster than the imports were.

Well, everyone heads back to a Cost Cutter, so I get back into my car. One of the SRT4's was stopped on the road, I roll up to him and ask if he waiting for someone. I'm still in 1st gear about 2-3 mph, when he goes for it. I floor it, and since I'm almost at a bogging stage, the tires don't spin. He keeps up with me through 1st gear, and into 2nd, but then I start pulling hard on him (he said that I flew away from him) especally once I shifted into 3rd (would have been better, but I hit the rev limiter on 2nd gear) After we got to Cost Cutter, found out that he had Stage 1 modifications to his SRT4..

(I won't go into the race that almost happened between myself and a 05 EVO MR, just will say that there were too many cops around and I went back to my ship and got some sleep before I had to go on watch at 0645 in the morning)

Users who are viewing this thread