Good news if you want a new 5.0l

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
Buy a highmileage V6, swap the engine and there ya go 412 naturally aspirated ponies, all for the low low price of 7K plus car. But then again your engine does have 0 miles on it : )

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
you'll likely need a wiring harness, PCM, fuel system... there are a lot more costs IMHO then just the motor....

oldmodman

Established Member
you'll likely need a wiring harness, PCM, fuel system... there are a lot more costs IMHO then just the motor....

You're not kidding. I talked to a parts guy at a local dealer and he figured that the engine computer(s), the wiring harness, and the accessories would probably run you another three to four thousand.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I should buy one and put it in my girls VW beetle

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You're not kidding. I talked to a parts guy at a local dealer and he figured that the engine computer(s), the wiring harness, and the accessories would probably run you another three to four thousand.

It won't take long before someone pioneers the way to splice all the electronics with 96-04 cars. Right now it will be pretty expensive no doubt, but with all the 5.0 gt's that will be running around in the next few years there should be alot to choose from in the junk yard. And so I wait.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It won't take long before someone pioneers the way to splice all the electronics with 96-04 cars. Right now it will be pretty expensive no doubt, but with all the 5.0 gt's that will be running around in the next few years there should be alot to choose from in the junk yard. And so I wait.

cant really "splice" them.

05+ use CAN computer systems, which is a bit different than your standard OBDII.

Automotive CAN Network Diagnostics

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_area_network[/ame]

From what ive heard as well, soon there will be wireless CAN for vehicles, likely implemented first on higher end euro/imports.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
A local guy I know that works at the Ford dealer already priced one out a few months back and it was around $9000 for a drop in set-up. That's harness, ECU, etc. That's Ford list price too.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Also, Ford Racing has a P/N for the harness, PCM and installation kit for the crate engine. They also have the alternator with bracket and belt, as well as the engine cover and coil covers. Waiting on prices for all that stuff now.

Users who are viewing this thread