Good news for Eaton guys wanting to run E85...

O4COBRA

Established Member
Well as an upper only Eaton car right now I've been wanting to make the switch to E85 for various reasons. Stations are popping up all over Sacramento now so I'm interested in making the switch. I've had a hard time, as others, trying to find some info on exactly what fuel mods we Eaton guys need to run E85. This morning I stumbled across an article on 5.0 Magazines website, the article was dubbed "E85 Terminator". In the article it states they converted a 2.76, upper only and non ported 03-04 Cobra to E85. To make the swap they used twin GT's, 60's, and plugs. They mentioned nothing of a BAP, or need for 80's. Of course it never hurts to plan for the future and over do it a little, but sometimes the wallet doesn't allow for this. So I thought it was an interesting article, and seeing how it's pretty much the same setup I have, I found it pretty exciting. They gained about 20rwhp & rwtq. With the deal Lethal P is having on fuel upgrades, we can have an E85 fuel system with injectors for less than $1000 with a modified FPDM and all. 80# injectors are $15 more than 60's from Lethal, so I'll probably go that route to be ready for a Whipple someday... :burnout:

E85 Terminator - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords

O4COBRA

Established Member
^ Good news there too. I wish I was more mechanically inclined so I could do my own swap. I could probably do it, I just don't trust myself I guess...

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
don't forget the price of a retune, I really wanna go e85 in my quest for 10s on an eaton, I can do the swap myself its just that some of the things like its water retention really turn me off :(, if 91 goes over 4 dollars I think ill do e85 just to enjoy. My car often even if petro prices get crazy

O4COBRA

Established Member
don't forget the price of a retune, I really wanna go e85 in my quest for 10s on an eaton, I can do the swap myself its just that some of the things like its water retention really turn me off :(, if 91 goes over 4 dollars I think ill do e85 just to enjoy. My car often even if petro prices get crazy

My car is a daily driver, so water retention is not a worry for me. I talked to Shaun yesterday about converting it and it's about $1000 in labor, plus a bunch of parts. If you do yours, feel free to let me bring mine by and you can do a 2 for 1 swap to E85. I wanna do it, but just a little rich for my blood. Maybe next tax season I'll go E85 and a Twin Screw!!

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
My car is a daily driver, so water retention is not a worry for me. I talked to Shaun yesterday about converting it and it's about $1000 in labor, plus a bunch of parts. If you do yours, feel free to let me bring mine by and you can do a 2 for 1 swap to E85. I wanna do it, but just a little rich for my blood. Maybe next tax season I'll go E85 and a Twin Screw!!

last time i talked to shaun he said he wouldnt tune for e85??? as far as labor goes i dont really care, i can do all the labor myself, the hard part is the tuner, ill talk to shaun again , if he agrees to tune for e85 then im doing mine this summer

O4COBRA

Established Member
last time i talked to shaun he said he wouldnt tune for e85??? as far as labor goes i dont really care, i can do all the labor myself, the hard part is the tuner, ill talk to shaun again , if he agrees to tune for e85 then im doing mine this summer

Well get your fuel system ready then. He told me he would do mine. He said he's got a good grasp on tuning E85. I think he said something about the cold start, or start up part of the tune is the time consuming part...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Dang thats a pretty good gain for a non ported eaton with upper only, might have to look into this for a little extra power before I go to 3.4 or turbo....

However I rarely drive my car so how bad is this water retention issue? If I just drove maybe once a week would that be enough?

Users who are viewing this thread