Good machine shops in Oklahoma?

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
I need some engine work done for my car (03 Cobra). Crank needs repair. Thrust bearing burned up and all the crank surfaces need checking and finishing. Are there any machine shops that anyone can recommend that do quality work? Any shops that are particularly good with mod motors? I haven't built any motors or dealt with any shops around here, so I don't know who to trust. I'm located in Oklahoma City.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Burt at Moore Machine does good work, although I wouldn't say he specializes in mod motors. Built a 5.4 for me that did just fine. Henson Racing Engines will also do quality work, but you pay for the name

MustangMatt77

Established Member
+1 for Burt.
He has done a 460, 347, and most recently my 4.6 cobra rebuild.
He's off I-35 on a service drive, used to be in Yukon and then W. OKC after that.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I know it's not really related, but who does the machine work for all those guys on Street Outlaws? I assume most are in the OKC area.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
+1 for Burt.
He has done a 460, 347, and most recently my 4.6 cobra rebuild.
He's off I-35 on a service drive, used to be in Yukon and then W. OKC after that.

He's on NE 12th street in Moore. His shop is right at a railroad crossing on the south side of the road. Little industrial complex.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
I know it's not really related, but who does the machine work for all those guys on Street Outlaws? I assume most are in the OKC area.
Henson does some of them I know. But his shop is so taken up by the high end customers like that, that he sometimes gets so busy he won't take in any outside work. And if he does, it can be pricey. Some of the guys have engines built out of state by other shops.

Users who are viewing this thread