Good heads??

HO93LX302

Established Member
I'm going to buy heads for my car soon, I was just wondering if anyone has or has heard anything good about AFR heads?? I'm looking to get 165cc pedestal mount street heads. I was interested in getting TFS twisted wedge but I was told by a fellow mechanic that AFR is better.. Any suggestions and help is appericated.
Thanks

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
skip the 165's and go with the 185 cc head from afr. both the trick flow and AFR's are good heads, you just have to see the AFR to appreciate it. it also depends on where you want to go with the car. mostly street? drag? open track? have to answer these questions first before dropping 1200 bucks on heads and make a one time purchase. if later on down the road you're after more, you can always get the heads worked more, but at least you set yourself right the first time.

my .02

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Everything I have heard about AFR has been good. If the car is mostly stock and you plan on staying close to that, I would go with the 165s. I had a friend that had the 165s they worked really well for him. I can't remember where he was at RWHP wise, but just the hads gave him a big bump over stock.

buddha93

Established Member
Nothing wrong with them. There are plenty of aluminum heads on the market for a SB Ford, all better than the stockers.

Users who are viewing this thread