Good GT500 sound

Para81

Established Member
What makes it?

I've got a Borla XR-1 catback on with stock xpipe/manifolds now. Nice - very nice! But when i'm driving down the road or even stepping on it all I really hear is a TVS, and when i'm cruising the light (but annoying) Griggs noises is all I really hear (unless I open the windows and then that's enough to drown said noise out - like I said pretty light. I'd like to hear more V8.

I've yet to drive my Boss 302 but so far the best V8 sound I have had was surprisingly on a little 3V 4.6 engine with JBA longtubes/Catted Hpipe. Wow what a great sound that had. Who has good sound on the GT500? Or who knows how to get it?

I had Borla XR-1 longtubes with no cats and was way too loud and raspy.

Black Sex

Established Member
'11-'12 Mufflers with no cats. I like the sound the stock mufflers sound. I'll be adding LT's to mine this winter.

I wish my TVS was loud. You can faintly hear it in the car.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Great Sound Options

1. Black sex recommendation above - or/h stock axelbacks
2. Borla S catback with stock mid pipe
3. Headers, or/x and Borla touring
4. Adding Boss side exhaust, remove the plates (requires fabrication). Tob is the genius on this set up.
5. Corsa also makes a high quality product.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I don't have any videos right now that you can really hear the car. I might be able to take one for you later.
It's really quiet inside the car, almost to the point of I don't think LT's are going to be too loud.
If I had to choose and aftermarket muffler, it would probably be the S-type from Borla.

Black Sex

Established Member
Nothing special, just a few quick cell clips

th_2012-09-29_14-47-02_178.gif

th_2012-09-29_14-19-07_350.jpg

Last edited:

buck24

Established Member
I have stainless works long tubes with stock mufflers, no cats, sounds unreal, no drone at highway speeds, and I can still make phone calls through sync.

Para81

Established Member
Big sexy, get us more videos of your offroad/stock exhaust set-up. Sounds badass even with that cellphone vid...

peelandwin

Established Member

Black Sex

Established Member
Im in around the 4:30 & 7:42 mark
[youtube_browser]5_ChNKMQgB0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube_browser]

Para81

Established Member
I listened to that video several times yesterday, I am really thinking about trying the KR exhaust with my O/R X.

This is what i'm going to try, with Borla first (owner stated it was a BBK offroad/xpipe. So i'll try that. I'm guessing the Borla will sound similar to the KR - if not maybe i'll sell the Borla and go KR..

erod

Established Member
stingers dont sound like krs at all, i have both, borla is loud deep and smooth, kr is louder,clearer and alot more raspy/cracky

Users who are viewing this thread