Good Dyno Shops in WA!?

chrisconsin

Established Member
If you a good tune go to Blue Oval Proformance. in Vancouver Wash. They did a great job for me.

Correct me if im wrong but I think blue oval performance is the same as all ford performance.

Im hoping someone could shed some light with personal experience from these guys!?!

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
Hey, This is Shaun (Tweek02hd) I am sitting at NSP and had to jump onto Kevins profile to say this.

Andy Didn't blow up my truck, I did!

Second Dusten, it was 428rwhp and 558rwtq, Not 400! My truck was running 23* of timing with the Meth because it kept taking it and liking it, Not because Andy dicked up. My truck was tuned perfectly by Andy and it actually held on longer than I thought it would.

Also, it didn't run 13s I actualy made it to 12s and in a 6000+ lb 4 door truck I was happy with that, on a stock plenum stock blower and stock TB 6 lower 2.70 upper and meth. By the way, was faster than all Eaton powered trucks up here tuned by anyone else.

I ran my truck out of Methanol and was being a dumb ass on I5 in 30 degree weather, How is that Andy's fault? Unless TMS is offering a service that comes and fill your meth tank for you that I wasn't informed about.

And, you are talking shit and running your mouth about a mans shop and then saying that you are going to have a scheduled dyno day there???? On what globe is that shit realistic? Id be damned if I let that fly without some sort of confrontation.

Some of you shoot off at the mouth before you think, By badmouthing someones shop online, you can bury them, Why??? Because you have some homoerotic love affair with a tuner who is out of state? get serious??

My 03 Cobra that is coming this week will be on the dyno at TMS with Andy as soon as he gets back and I will have complete faith in what he does.

With all of that said, I have noticed that when we ordered big and littles and some other parts for Protos GT500 There were quite a few excuses and some run around from people at TMS about what was taking so long but It seems that under new management that those issues were all put to bed.

So before using my truck and its vented block in an attack about someones tuning abilities you should probably check if that was infact the case. I was the jackass who blew up my own truck, Not Andy, The Horsepower Ranch/The Mustang Shop or NSPerformance.

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
I was told it was stock. so, if it had work done elsewhere then others aren't telling a whole story, but when the story fits the others, you tend to believe it. I like your shop marc, but the fact is andy's tuning has sent more than a few customers home unhappy.

that also doesn't get rid of the fact andy had a lightning tuned beyond the safe limits and on meth to help and it blew up, or that a truck came in with basic mods and andy couldnt tune it and blamed it on the fuel system

My truck was not tuned above its limits! It was spot on. If you know so much about it then why are you not tuning? I blew up my truck bro, Shaun... Not Andy or anyone else. You talk about shit without knowing what the hell your talking about. Thats sad! My truck is blown up and still faster than yours. My truck was just fine bro, Running out of Meth in below freezing weather and still passin cars on the freeway screwed my truck. Not paying attention to what I was doing blew up my truck. Not a very safe tune that was well within the A/F Range it needed to be.

please feel free to call me, 360-880-8476 If you feel like you need to have me explain it to you.

Dusten

Established Member
Hey, This is Shaun (Tweek02hd) I am sitting at NSP and had to jump onto Kevins profile to say this.

Andy Didn't blow up my truck, I did!

Second Dusten, it was 428rwhp and 558rwtq, Not 400! My truck was running 23* of timing with the Meth because it kept taking it and liking it, Not because Andy dicked up. My truck was tuned perfectly by Andy and it actually held on longer than I thought it would.

Also, it didn't run 13s I actualy made it to 12s and in a 6000+ lb 4 door truck I was happy with that, on a stock plenum stock blower and stock TB 6 lower 2.70 upper and meth. By the way, was faster than all Eaton powered trucks up here tuned by anyone else.

I ran my truck out of Methanol and was being a dumb ass on I5 in 30 degree weather, How is that Andy's fault? Unless TMS is offering a service that comes and fill your meth tank for you that I wasn't informed about.

And, you are talking shit and running your mouth about a mans shop and then saying that you are going to have a scheduled dyno day there???? On what globe is that shit realistic? Id be damned if I let that fly without some sort of confrontation.

Some of you shoot off at the mouth before you think, By badmouthing someones shop online, you can bury them, Why??? Because you have some homoerotic love affair with a tuner who is out of state? get serious??

My 03 Cobra that is coming this week will be on the dyno at TMS with Andy as soon as he gets back and I will have complete faith in what he does.

With all of that said, I have noticed that when we ordered big and littles and some other parts for Protos GT500 There were quite a few excuses and some run around from people at TMS about what was taking so long but It seems that under new management that those issues were all put to bed.

So before using my truck and its vented block in an attack about someones tuning abilities you should probably check if that was infact the case. I was the jackass who blew up my own truck, Not Andy, The Horsepower Ranch/The Mustang Shop or NSPerformance.

I had another dyno, Marc offered his as a more central location. I have no issues with tms as a shop. I'm just not impressed with tuning. Second, 23* and Meth on a 425 HP Harley is stupid. There is no need for Meth at that low of a power level. And Andy should have told you that. I made the same power as you on a much safer tune. And I'm glad it ran 12s finally, when I saw it run. It did a 13.4. I have video.

My truck ran 12.41 all Eaton, tuned locally so unless you ran faster, think again.

But at the end of the day if Andy was willing to stake tms and their Rep on 23* of timing in a Harley truck, so be it. I would put my name on it.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
My truck was not tuned above its limits! It was spot on. If you know so much about it then why are you not tuning? I blew up my truck bro, Shaun... Not Andy or anyone else. You talk about shit without knowing what the hell your talking about. Thats sad! My truck is blown up and still faster than yours. My truck was just fine bro, Running out of Meth in below freezing weather and still passin cars on the freeway screwed my truck. Not paying attention to what I was doing blew up my truck. Not a very safe tune that was well within the A/F Range it needed to be.

please feel free to call me, 360-880-8476 If you feel like you need to have me explain it to you.

I was personally there when shaun was getting his meth tune the whole time. Shaun is right when he says it was spot on. The truck ran its best after andy tweeked it.

Shaun, i still haven't gotten to see the carnage! What's the plan? Plus where you at!? We gotta hang bro :beer:

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
I had another dyno, Marc offered his as a more central location. I have no issues with tms as a shop. I'm just not impressed with tuning. Second, 23* and Meth on a 425 HP Harley is stupid. There is no need for Meth at that low of a power level. And Andy should have told you that. I made the same power as you on a much safer tune. And I'm glad it ran 12s finally, when I saw it run. It did a 13.4. I have video.

My truck ran 12.41 all Eaton, tuned locally so unless you ran faster, think again.

But at the end of the day if Andy was willing to stake tms and their Rep on 23* of timing in a Harley truck, so be it. I would put my name on it.

So what you are saying is that you have no clue what you are talking about and you have no clue what Meth does?????? Why are you so quick to blame someone else? I wish I had someone to blame! Truck ran that 13 with stock upper. Meth is a coolant guy! Thats it!! I cant blame the guy who tuned it! Ran fine at track with set up, just fine! Not so much with no meth, 30 degree tempratures and me being a dumb ass.

Andy tuned my truck just fine. I have had to delete about 60% of the shit I typed so Ill stop now.

My fault, no one elses bro.

Dusten

Established Member
So what you are saying is that you have no clue what you are talking about and you have no clue what Meth does?????? Why are you so quick to blame someone else? I wish I had someone to blame! Truck ran that 13 with stock upper. Meth is a coolant guy! Thats it!! I cant blame the guy who tuned it! Ran fine at track with set up, just fine! Not so much with no meth, 30 degree tempratures and me being a dumb ass.

Andy tuned my truck just fine. I have had to delete about 60% of the shit I typed so Ill stop now.

My fault, no one elses bro.

Meth increases octane too, thats why the truck was able to run that timing. You should use Meth as a safeguard not to push harder. Your motor is an example why. The fact you ran Meth and 23* and only made 425 is not impressive. Its a decent number but that's it. I'm glad you take responsibility but Andy should have never put that much timing in. 15-16* is the most that is safe on pump gas. I'm sorry about the truck, and I look forward to seeing the cobra. But I stand by the fact andy should have know better and told you it wasn't safe

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
I gave you my number if you need more info feel free to call. Im not going to keep going round and round on here.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I replied but its not here.
Meth is an octane booster as well as a charge temp coolant. The octane boost is why you ran 23* 15-16* is the safe limit for that boost on an Eaton. Its nice to see you admit responsibility but Andy should have never tuned your truck to that level, and that's where the blame on him lies. Meth should only be used as a safeguard not to push the tune farther. Your motor is a great example of why. But, I look forward to seeing what the cobra does.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
The 2 month delay on my big and littles were due to M&H front runners being backordered from the manufacturer. Was to be expected during the draw up to the season. That's why i never tweeked out about it. I know i harrassed Tim on a daily basis in good humor but that was def something outside their control. The racestar's and mickeys only sat in their showroom the whole time cuz there was no need for them until it was all there and the season was a good ways away.

I have no problem with andy's ability. A tuner that will let 3 guys pound a cooler of brew in the shop overlooking the whole tuning process while explaining every aspect of it to you and happy to answer any questions as well as bs with you at the same time is A ok in my books. After seing him get your tune nailed and then bend over backwards on Tom's HD 150 i have zero reservations. The only reservations i have are with the actual shop, and this is only from my own personal experiences with them. Granted the quality of work i've seen come out of there makes me believe my experiences are not the norm.

Experience 1)
Swung by to have an SLP line lock installed. Reason's i took it there: Laziness and i don't have a force bleeder. The line lock works flawlessly and the install is clean. The only problem with it is that this kit is used on both the s197 GT and GT500. For the GT500 application the mounting tabs on the solenoid have to be bent flat in order to clear an aftermarket CAI. Well, they did not bend the tabs. The solenoid barely clears my steeda 113mm cai (rubbing a groove in it). I need to upgrade to a 127mm maf housing now with the TVS because the maf counts are getting high. Well this kinda furiates me, but i could just as easily get an SCT maf or use a MAFia. So i mean, i can live with it. I know when i dropped off the parts and my car, i told the guy i was dealing with at the counter what they had to do for the GT500. Didn't happen, oh well. *Plus the install instructions were in the box with the line lock*

Experience 2)
Ordered a set of CHE LCA relo brackets. Talked to steve over the phone because i wanted to have them welded in. Drop the parts and car off again. Pick it up, get it home, and guess........they were bolted in :cuss: :cuss: So i called the shop back up and complained. If i wanted them bolted in, i would have done so myself and saved the labor cost. After being told, "They're beefy enough, don't worry about it", i just let it go. I live a good ways away from TMS, so i just buried the hatchet.

Experience 3 and the final straw)
Was installing cobra jet springs. I HATE springs, so out of laziness again, brought it to TMS for the install. My car has a 1 pc DS and adjustable upper control arm to adjust pinion angle. Dropped the car off. Picked it up. Asked what they adjusted the pinion angle to and the guy ran out to the technician. Came back inside and said, yup, it's -2*. Sometime later i got curious. Measured the UCA.........it was the same length that it was on the steeda springs.......oh no.... :fm: Measured the pinion angle myself and loe and behold, it was way the hell off :rolleyes: . I never called back to complain because this was the final straw for me, the shop was dead to me.

3 for 3 negative experiences.

Before TMS, i dealt with Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC when i lived back in NC. Now maybe this had altered my outlook on shops because if anyone knows Fastlane, they are one HELL of a shop!! 3 5.0 mag covers this past year alone.

If i were to have anymore labor done at TMS for whatever reason.....i will not be going up there with a smile on my face.

Disclaimer: Not trying to bash TMS in anyways, just getting my experiences out there. Also this was before Marc took over.

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
Whoa Mr. Tough guy, you have your opinion he has his opinion. I know Marc over at TMS personally, and I know Dusten personally and they are both stand up guys. This discussion does not need to turn into threats or people getting butt hurt as its simply a discussion. Marc said that he would personally speak with anyone that has had an issue, and it seems like you are happy that your truck blew up so I guess he won't expect to hear from you.

Lightnings definitely are a different breed, and tuning an L and tuning a Termi as far as the ins and outs of both are different. Personally I think some of this is a communication break down, and I am glad Marc is now running many of the day to day operations.

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
Whoa Mr. Tough guy, you have your opinion he has his opinion. I know Marc over at TMS personally, and I know Dusten personally and they are both stand up guys. This discussion does not need to turn into threats or people getting butt hurt as its simply a discussion. Marc said that he would personally speak with anyone that has had an issue, and it seems like you are happy that your truck blew up so I guess he won't expect to hear from you.

Lightnings definitely are a different breed, and tuning an L and tuning a Termi as far as the ins and outs of both are different. Personally I think some of this is a communication break down, and I am glad Marc is now running many of the day to day operations.

Where are you getting a threat or butthurt from? Was it my comment that said to call me and we can talk about it instead of airing shit online? Again, how is it anyones fault other than my own that it blew up?

Stop blaming people for other peoples **** ups!

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
The 2 month delay on my big and littles were due to M&H front runners being backordered from the manufacturer. Was to be expected during the draw up to the season. That's why i never tweeked out about it. I know i harrassed Tim on a daily basis in good humor but that was def something outside their control. The racestar's and mickeys only sat in their showroom the whole time cuz there was no need for them until it was all there and the season was a good ways away.

I have no problem with andy's ability. A tuner that will let 3 guys pound a cooler of brew in the shop overlooking the whole tuning process while explaining every aspect of it to you and happy to answer any questions as well as bs with you at the same time is A ok in my books. After seing him get your tune nailed and then bend over backwards on Tom's HD 150 i have zero reservations. The only reservations i have are with the actual shop, and this is only from my own personal experiences with them. Granted the quality of work i've seen come out of there makes me believe my experiences are not the norm.

Experience 1)
Swung by to have an SLP line lock installed. Reason's i took it there: Laziness and i don't have a force bleeder. The line lock works flawlessly and the install is clean. The only problem with it is that this kit is used on both the s197 GT and GT500. For the GT500 application the mounting tabs on the solenoid have to be bent flat in order to clear an aftermarket CAI. Well, they did not bend the tabs. The solenoid barely clears my steeda 113mm cai (rubbing a groove in it). I need to upgrade to a 127mm maf housing now with the TVS because the maf counts are getting high. Well this kinda furiates me, but i could just as easily get an SCT maf or use a MAFia. So i mean, i can live with it. I know when i dropped off the parts and my car, i told the guy i was dealing with at the counter what they had to do for the GT500. Didn't happen, oh well. *Plus the install instructions were in the box with the line lock*

Experience 2)
Ordered a set of CHE LCA relo brackets. Talked to steve over the phone because i wanted to have them welded in. Drop the parts and car off again. Pick it up, get it home, and guess........they were bolted in :cuss: :cuss: So i called the shop back up and complained. If i wanted them bolted in, i would have done so myself and saved the labor cost. After being told, "They're beefy enough, don't worry about it", i just let it go. I live a good ways away from TMS, so i just buried the hatchet.

Experience 3 and the final straw)
Was installing cobra jet springs. I HATE springs, so out of laziness again, brought it to TMS for the install. My car has a 1 pc DS and adjustable upper control arm to adjust pinion angle. Dropped the car off. Picked it up. Asked what they adjusted the pinion angle to and the guy ran out to the technician. Came back inside and said, yup, it's -2*. Sometime later i got curious. Measured the UCA.........it was the same length that it was on the steeda springs.......oh no.... :fm: Measured the pinion angle myself and loe and behold, it was way the hell off :rolleyes: . I never called back to complain because this was the final straw for me, the shop was dead to me.

3 for 3 negative experiences.

Before TMS, i dealt with Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC when i lived back in NC. Now maybe this had altered my outlook on shops because if anyone knows Fastlane, they are one HELL of a shop!! 3 5.0 mag covers this past year alone.

If i were to have anymore labor done at TMS for whatever reason.....i will not be going up there with a smile on my face.

Disclaimer: Not trying to bash TMS in anyways, just getting my experiences out there. Also this was before Marc took over.

Dude, You seen my trucks numbers and know it was spot on. Same as T's truck. And drinkin beer was awesome, lol

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
I replied but its not here.
Meth is an octane booster as well as a charge temp coolant. The octane boost is why you ran 23* 15-16* is the safe limit for that boost on an Eaton. Its nice to see you admit responsibility but Andy should have never tuned your truck to that level, and that's where the blame on him lies. Meth should only be used as a safeguard not to push the tune farther. Your motor is a great example of why. But, I look forward to seeing what the cobra does.

Dude. I have met you and had a great time at Pacific, Nothing personal between you and I at all. But just jumpin out and crusifying a guy is rough. We all have our thoughts about whoever we use, I think Amazon tuning is a joke and people spending a grand to fly a guy out here to do a wot tune is absolutely retarded!!!

Ill have the Cobra at Pacific this spring, Hope to see ya then.

Dusten

Established Member
23* is not spot on. Remove the Meth and that tune is garbage. As evidence by your blown up truck.

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
I was personally there when shaun was getting his meth tune the whole time. Shaun is right when he says it was spot on. The truck ran its best after andy tweeked it.

Shaun, i still haven't gotten to see the carnage! What's the plan? Plus where you at!? We gotta hang bro :beer:

Still in Olympia, Going to the State Highway Patrol Academy next month so Im ready for that. give me a call 360-880-8476 and we will pound some beers for sure. I just got back from San Diego for a few, Takin a bunch of vacations lately,lol.

Truck is sitting in Auburn, Clean and pretty and a windowed block. Waiting for a 5.4 to pop up local. I am goina grab that 03 at Lakewood.

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
23* is not spot on. Remove the Meth and that tune is garbage. As evidence by your blown up truck.

Got to agree. There's no reason to run so much timing on a boosted motor, especially a street motor that doesn't make a real number to begin with. Let the blower make the power, the tune's priority should be to keep the motor alive.

Users who are viewing this thread