good double din radio for cobra

unclerico

Established Member
Looking for a nice radio to replace stock one for Bluetooth and/or general connectivity gps etc.... whats the latest greatest that fits nicely without making me poor

black 10th vert

Established Member
Looking for a nice radio to replace stock one for Bluetooth and/or general connectivity gps etc.... whats the latest greatest that fits nicely without making me poor

Go through the interior sub forum, there is quite a few threads over the past year or so. I am in the market myself since my Pioneer F700bt crapped out on me. Really sucks to have to change out something that expensive on a garage queen that I barely drive. I'm actually considering just putting the Mach 460 back in I'm so pissed.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I have the Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS in my cobra. Granted it is not a GPS unit but does have a lot of great features like app radio, bluetooth, detachable face, etc.

I picked it up last summer and am very pleased with it.

Bigggy

Established Member
Just ordered a Kenwood DPX500BT, no gps, I wanted something simple.

If you have a smart phone and want to have amazing options, look into Pioneer's Appradio. It's scary tohe number of thing you can do with that headunit and a smartphone.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
im going to steer anybody away from the appradio bc it is a complicated little booger. Take it from experience.

Here is a list of what you have to do with the damn thing in order to make it FUCNTION like it should
-root/jailbreak phone, voiding any warranty you have
-run hdmi out along with data out cable
-download an app called ar-liberator which is 35 bucks
-takes approx 15-20 seconds for it to connect to bluetooth on startup

if you have any ?'s go ahead and ask but i would get a double din like a pioneer (not appradio), kenwood, or alpine. And another thing get one where you have the ability to change the homescreen backround, it drives me nuts i cant do that with mine

unclerico

Established Member
jesus Christ I just want something that hooks to Bluetooth so my five year old can rock freshbeat band when we get ice cream

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Pioneer X940BT. I have the X930BT which is the predecessor and I love it. The 940 has a better map system and its a lot more responsive.

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Pioneer AVH-X4500BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com I installed the AVH-X4400BT last year and love it. It doesn't have GPS, but I use my phone for that. Here's a picture.

f36229ea.jpg

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I love anything kenwood. great garmin navigation and has lots of features. easy to install does not require special add on parts to bypass the e-brake ground so you can play video and do other stuff while driving.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I gotta go play with my kenwood

you need to use the usb plug and go into the setting and other stuff...

here is a great website that will address several questions and answer most of them also.

KenwoodForums.com • Index page

thank me now because you will be there for a while looking at all the neat shit you can do to your kenwood :)

black 10th vert

Established Member
I used to have a really sweet splash screen on my F700BT when the display still worked. I had the flaming Terminator skull, and everyone commented on how cool it looked when I fired up the car. I wish I knew what was wrong with this damn thing because I paid over $500 for it back when I bought it, so I'd prefer not to have to shitcan it and spend more money on another stereo!

Users who are viewing this thread