Good deal? 1999 Camaro SS

coremaster21

Established Member
The market is crazy out here in Hawaii and I haven’t quite figured it out. Some cars go for crazy cheap and other things are expensive. Like s2000s are fetching $40,000 with 20,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’m with you man. I checked the kbb and I know that’s not exactly a good teller of the price but it was like $3500-$5000. I asked him about the “minor cosmetic” issues and he said there was some clear coat peeling on the rear spoiler. The cloth seats definitely suck but if it checks out in person and he takes say $5500 or so I’ll probably pull the trigger. It’s hard to beat the price for the performance you are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I think it’d be a great deal at that price and you’d have a pretty nice car with a little sweat equity.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The car is a 10-20 footer...fairly clean, base SS with cloth, the interior does look a bit shitty and I can tell the finish is probably a 6/10 at best....that price is right on the money..SLP LS1 cars really weren't anything special, mostly appearance package, exhaust, wheels and some suspension. The ram air was a joke too on the 98-02 cars, barely functional IMHO...They weren't even built at SLP like the LT1 4th gens.

regarding the body tab and passenger fender, that's very common and typically easy to fix if that tab hasn't been annihilated. You can usually take a block of wood and rubber mallet and smack it back in to position.

Wow, I didn’t know the 98-02 SLP cars weren’t actually built at SLP like 4th gens.

Firehawks came out of SLP right?

nxhappy

Established Member
I’m with you man. I checked the kbb and I know that’s not exactly a good teller of the price but it was like $3500-$5000. I asked him about the “minor cosmetic” issues and he said there was some clear coat peeling on the rear spoiler. The cloth seats definitely suck but if it checks out in person and he takes say $5500 or so I’ll probably pull the trigger. It’s hard to beat the price for the performance you are getting.

kbb doesnt mean shit on the older cars. I like to use NADA myself. But these cars are going up in value and getting harder to find in good condition with low miles. Same with the Fox bodies. $5500 would be a steal IMO. PM me your email with the VIN.

coremaster21

Established Member
kbb doesnt mean shit on the older cars. I like to use NADA myself. But these cars are going up in value and getting harder to find in good condition with low miles. Same with the Fox bodies. $5500 would be a steal IMO. PM me your email with the VIN.
Thank you! Sent you a PM.

Checking out the car tonight fellas, pretty excited.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

If anyone can find me a decent 98-02 SS or WS6 for those numbers lmk theres a finders fee.
Also, the cloth is better imo. The leather in those years was so shitty and stretched so thin it cracked on the the showroom floors.

Wow, I didn’t know the 98-02 SLP cars weren’t actually built at SLP like 4th gens.

Firehawks came out of SLP right?

Firehawks yes. I also believe the 345hp SS & WS6 went through SLP. The 325 hp did not.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If anyone can find me a decent 98-02 SS or WS6 for those numbers lmk theres a finders fee.
Also, the cloth is better imo. The leather in those years was so shitty and stretched so thin it cracked on the the showroom floors.

Firehawks yes. I also believe the 345hp SS & WS6 went through SLP. The 325 hp did not.

I do believe the firehawks might have still gone thru SLP...regarding HP these cars from base Z28s, TAs to C5 vettes all put similar numbers down on the dyno, proclaimed outputs we’re just fluff to sell cars...my 6spd 99 formula made 315 rwhp right off the dealer lot...my first stop was literally at MTI which was just a few miles from Ernie Guzman Pontiac.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Here’s a shameless pic of my current 4th gen shitbox (#4)...don’t worry fellas I still have my 2014 GT.

AA17-A19-F-0696-4548-BC1-B-0-BAC9-D8-C6-D88.jpg

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I do believe the firehawks might have still gone thru SLP...regarding HP these cars from base Z28s, TAs to C5 vettes all put similar numbers down on the dyno, proclaimed outputs we’re just fluff to sell cars...my 6spd 99 formula made 315 rwhp right off the dealer lot...my first stop was literally at MTI which was just a few miles from Ernie Guzman Pontiac.

Yup it was all bull. I remember a magazine did a dyno between a Z28 (305hp) and a C5 (345 hp)and the Z28 actually put out a few more. Still I'd love to have a black WS6 6-spd cracked door panels and all.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yup it was all bull. I remember a magazine did a dyno between a Z28 (305hp) and a C5 (345 hp)and the Z28 actually put out a few more. Still I'd love to have a black WS6 6-spd cracked door panels and all.

I’d love a clean WS6, though nice examples that aren’t all whooped out are higher than giraffe pussy...much more so than Z28s, SS cars..

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

MTI. Ugh.

nxhappy

Established Member
my uncle has a 94 or 95 LT SS. He swears it's better than the LS lol. it's pretty clean though.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thank you! Sent you a PM.

Checking out the car tonight fellas, pretty excited.
Good luck op! Hope the car checks out.

I rag on GM and Chevy, but back when my car guy nuts were dropping I was a Chevy boy. As a senior in high school I wanted a brand new 2001 Camaro SS in a baaddd way. Even dragged my poor mother to a Chevy dealer to look at one haha.

Users who are viewing this thread