Good coilovers for 2011 mustang

Jonny_88

Established Member
Are you looking to track the car? Do you just want to make it lower? What does your budget look like?

I have BC Racing coilovers on my car and it handles lots better than it did stock and on lowering springs. I'm not saying they are they best, they are just cheap chinese coilovers. I have only had the chance to autocross my car 3 times since I've had it. The ride is firm, but not too bouncy.

I have a friend that has Eibach Multipro R2's and I'm sure his car would be faster around a track. He's had these for 60,000 miles and they've been rebuilt a couple of times. His ride quality is comparable to mine.

I figure KW V3s will be a really good coilover too if you have the cash. My BCs were only $1000, the eibachs are $2500, and I think KWs are $3000. It really boils down to what you want out of the car and what you are willing to spend.

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
I always agree on KW coilovers, but more and more companies are coming to market with coilovers that actually have camber plates installed or at least come with it, unlike KW which you still have to purchase camber plates for. My main suggestion would be any coilover that takes the spring off the axle and puts it truly onto the shock itself. This makes for an extremely compliant ride and comfort that is bar none. Also better reaction comes from the chassis when the springs are moved elsewhere off the live axle.

Lakewood makes a great coilover that has the spring installed onto the rear shock, and they come with camber plates if memory serves right for once.

draxxus131

Established Member
If your just doing it for those two reasons, then you don't even need to look at coilovers. If your purchasing coilovers, there is only two reasons. To say you have coilovers to everyone (I am not trying to be a douche or anything), and then there is because you wanna have a corner carver plain and simple. Look at a good set of adjustable shocks&struts with a quality set of springs.

Definitely check out Viking suspension, they make a dual independently adjustable shock and strut. There is Koni yellows and StrT's, as well Tokico if you can find them that is (Tokico I mean). Springs are all up to you.

Coilovers do not promote good weight shifting, if your drag racing you need to have inertia shift the weight back onto your rear wheels to enhance the traction in the back. Coilovers tend to have very stiff front springs and the rear is usually half the pound rating of the front (500-550 lbs in front, 250-275 lbs in back). Although, yes a front stiff spring is very good to shift the weight back the rear will still be to aggressive to allow for a full squat to attain maximum traction.

Last edited:

erick stangup

Established Member
If your just doing it for those two reasons, then you don't even need to look at coilovers. If your purchasing coilovers, there is only two reasons. To say you have coilovers to everyone (I am not trying to be a douche or anything), and then there is because you wanna have a corner carver plain and simple. Look at a good set of adjustable shocks&struts with a quality set of springs.

Definitely check out Viking suspension, they make a dual independently adjustable shock and strut. There is Koni yellows and StrT's, as well Tokico if you can find them that is (Tokico I mean). Springs are all up to you.

Coilovers do not promote good weight shifting, if your drag racing you need to have inertia shift the weight back onto your rear wheels to enhance the traction in the back. Coilovers tend to have very stiff front springs and the rear is usually half the pound rating of the front (500-550 lbs in front, 250-275 lbs in back). Although, yes a front stiff spring is very good to shift the weight back the rear will still be to aggressive to allow for a full squat to attain maximum traction.

Another reason why i want coilovers is because i can adjust the height incase i feel thaty car is too low pr too hight

kingnut

Established Member
BC's are the best bang for the buck. had them and loved them. although you can not raise the front up very much which is my only dislike.

hunt23

Established Member
I've heard good things about ST Suspension. KW bought them in 2005 IIRC and from what I understand they are essentially KW Variant 1's with galvanized steel instead of stainless, but if you're in Brentwood California that wouldn't be an issue because we don't have tough winters and salted roads that would cause corrosion. They aren't much more expensive than BC coilovers. While I don't own them, they will be the ones I will most likely buy later this year.

erick stangup

Established Member
I've heard good things about ST Suspension. KW bought them in 2005 IIRC and from what I understand they are essentially KW Variant 1's with galvanized steel instead of stainless, but if you're in Brentwood California that wouldn't be an issue because we don't have tough winters and salted roads that would cause corrosion. They aren't much more expensive than BC coilovers. While I don't own them, they will be the ones I will most likely buy later this year.

Thanks. Ill check them out

JpL4K3

Established Member
i've the ground control coilover kit, and have been very happy with it. I am fixing to swap some stiffer springs into them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread