Golfers, Step In

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I would also suggest getting fitted, then at least one pro lesson session. That’s where I am with my golf game. Short game is pretty consistent. Driving game is all over the place. But when I hit “straight”, I still can’t figure out how to keep hitting straight.

Adamn

Established Member
I’m in the market for a new driver and all of the PXG talk has me interested in them. It appears they are only online orders, so do they allow you to do a trial or are you just stuck with it if you don’t like it?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m in the market for a new driver and all of the PXG talk has me interested in them. It appears they are only online orders, so do they allow you to do a trial or are you just stuck with it if you don’t like it?

They have stores and “authorized retailers”, you can also pay for a fitting.

There isn’t a store near me, paying $50 and get an hour and a half with a PXG Rep hitting balls and trying different combos for a full bag.

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

Adamn

Established Member
They have stores and “authorized retailers”, you can also pay for a fitting.

There isn’t a store near me, paying $50 and get an hour and a half with a PXG Rep hitting balls and trying different combos for a full bag.

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug
Thanks. I just talked to a coworker that apparently has a PXG 0211 that he really likes. He offered to let me hit it so I’m going to take him up on that

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I recently purchased a PXG 0811+ driver. It's definitely more forgiving on mis-hits than my Callaway Fusion. It does sound different. My wife used mine one day and I had to order her the exact same one. She bombs it. I also purchased a PXG 3 hybrid.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Adamn

Established Member
My coworker said he really likes his driver. He said it’s really forgiving and long

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
So, May as well update this.

Some may know but I ended up buying a set of PXGs after getting fitted in August. I bought a Titleist Stars and Stripes bag. I played with some driver stuff and ended up with three PXG Gen 5 drivers at this point. Lol

IMG_6672.JPG

IMG_6671.JPG

IMG_6673.JPG

IMG_6652.JPG

I have been trying different balls. Started getting lessons. And it has helped jumpstart me getting into better shape. I have slimmed down and actually gained a few pounds.

When I got fitted my driver speed was averaging 108mph. I was averaging 114 on Saturday at my lesson and managed to knock outa 309 yard drive with 171mph ball speed.

I have shot two rounds in the 80s.

I have hit the range once a week the last few months and try to get on a course every three weeks.

My buddy and I will be playing Whitepath in Elijay, GA on Thursday. This will be the eighth course in three different states since July.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds fun. I need some new sticks as well. How much did that full set cost ya?

Somewhere around $2k, I got them during a sale and they give a nice veteran’s discount.

I personally like them very much.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Somewhere around $2k, I got them during a sale and they give a nice veteran’s discount.

I personally like them very much.

Haven't played in over 3 years now, but when I did. Callaway Rouge driver/woods and Adam's irons shooting low to mid 80's on a big boy course I was very familiar with. Golf balls, anything but Top Flight. I usually played with crap I found. I was 59-60 years old then.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't played in over 3 years now, but when I did. Callaway Rouge driver/woods and Adam's irons shooting low to mid 80's on a big boy course I was very familiar with. Golf balls, anything but Top Flight. I usually played with crap I found. I was 59-60 years old then.

My instructor thinks I can get into the 70s. He says the tools are there with the issue but retry much being my setup. He says wants I get to where I am consistent with the setup then it will be down to putting.

You plan on getting back in to it?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My instructor thinks I can get into the 70s. He says the tools are there with the issue but retry much being my setup. He says wants I get to where I am consistent with the setup then it will be down to putting.

You plan on getting back in to it?

My oldest bugs me all the time to play, as he plays like I used too. He wants to take me out as a ringer with the guys from the fire dept. I told him, I don't think I can pop 80's right now. lol. I did hit a couple of his new ironx he brought over at Christmas, and he said damn, that low slow back swing. I think I will James, just not ready yet. I hit high 70's twice. I still lol when some of the guys I used to play with were giving me crap for buying new Adams irons stating they were old man clubs, till I started stuffing crap from 150 out within 10' of the pin with a 8 iron. I was never long off the tee, maybe 235-250.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Once the weather changes I'm going to get serious about the game. I have a set of TaylorMade graphite drivers and steel irons. Bought them a few years ago and just didn't like the feel of graphite irons so went with steel. So many golf courses where I live. The PGA this year in May is right down the street from me at Oak Hill.

raustin0017

Established Member
Seems everyone is providing lessons to ya. Here is what I did. I went to a Golf Store and talked to the expert who then took me to their simulator and recorded / analyzed my swing. I then picked out a new set up Clubs and they were adjusted/fitted to my swing and magic happened. Should have done this years ago.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Seems everyone is providing lessons to ya. Here is what I did. I went to a Golf Store and talked to the expert who then took me to their simulator and recorded / analyzed my swing. I then picked out a new set up Clubs and they were adjusted/fitted to my swing and magic happened. Should have done this years ago.

I have been taking lessons.

The only change to my actual swing was to shallow out my takeaway just a hair. It was good but he thought a little more would put me over the top.

Grip has been changed and is working well.

Setup was the other big change. My ball position had to be moved back in my stance for each club.

Users who are viewing this thread