Going to pull the trigger on a Laguna Seca

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I have a question about the Laguna Seca and have not had any luck with finding the answer. I am going to get a 2013 Boss but want the LS. Only issue I have is losing the backseat. My kids love to cruise and none are old enough for the front seat yet. Can I cover the bracing with a rear seat and add belts? I dont want to get a BOSS and not get a LS.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Yes you can do that and I'm sure you'll find a Boss onwer to trade with you. I don't think you can use the brace with the back seat. From a performance stand point there's not enough difference between the two cars to worry about.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
What about cutting the seat back foam around the brace? Are the mounting points still there though for the belts?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Others have installed the seats/belts so it must all be there. Not sure about the brace. Good luck.

This issue is the reason I'm driving a Boss and not a LS (or Porsche).

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Just curious, why are you dead-set on an LS versus a "normal" Boss? As 5 DOT 0 pointed out, they're damn near the same performance-wise

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Just curious, why are you dead-set on an LS versus a "normal" Boss? As 5 DOT 0 pointed out, they're damn near the same performance-wise

Same reason I bought a 10th Anniversary to not just have a Cobra. I like things that are not so common. Exclusivity I guess. :shrug: hard to explain

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Same reason I bought a 10th Anniversary to not just have a Cobra. I like things that are not so common. Exclusivity I guess. :shrug: hard to explain

No need to explain. Just wanted to make sure that you knew that the performance aspects were what they are. Good luck :beer:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
As pointed out, there are some Boss owners that would love to trade their back seat and belts for the rear seat delete and brace from the LS.

All the mounting points are there and the same on each car.

The rear brace is just bolted in, and will have to be taken out to put the back seat in.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I'm one of those Boss owners. I've got a back seat and seat belts that have never been sat in or used in my Boss that I'd pull in a heart beat to do the swap with you. I'm in Dallas so we'd have to do a mail exchange but I'm game. Let me know.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread