Going to NYC on Sunday

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Never been, can anybody recommend some things to do? We really don't have an itinerary, it is a very last minute trip. We are coming on Sunday and leaving Tuesday.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
The wife and I searched up some of the more popular pizzerias with locals (ie. not tourist traps) .

Got the opportunity to see at least some of what a local will experience and see a lot of areas that weren't ruined by touristy things

We stayed near the Devil's Kitchen area and had a shortish walk to Central park which has theaters, zoo, museums, and so on which made for a great day as we started with the museums and zoo and ended with a opera show.

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
You should check out Crifdogs in the village, crazy hot dogs. Also inside there they have a phone booth you go in and dial 1. There is a really sick bar on the other side of the wall that takes reservations. It is called PDT (please dont tell) Crazy, delicious drinks but on the expensive side. It gets packed early though. Pauls Da Burger Joint makes a awesome burger and they are located pretty close.

http://www.pdtnyc.com/
I recommend a reservation if you plan on going.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
It all depend on what your interests are.
You must visit Times Square at night, the later the better.
I've probably been over 60 times so I usually go to eat or shop.
Checkout the meatpacking district. World Trade Center memorial if that interests you (buy your tickets in advance)
Chinatown, little Italy
Central Park, The Bronx Zoo, Grand Central Station, The Statue of Liberty.

You can even try hitting up a few of the city's best food trucks for some good reasonably priced foods.

For real real food try Gramercy Tavern or if they ever reopen in the new building Pastis in the meatpacking district.

Last edited:

wht93gted

Established Member
Keens steakhouse for a killer dinner mmmmm. Or drunk food; gyro II across from the garden. Probably the greatest gyro you'll ever eat in your life.

I think the circus is In town now. So you can go throw eggs or yell at the hippie protestors that'll be out front.

As Michael Scott would say: " Oh, look! [points to a Sbarro's] My favorite New York pizza place. I'm going to go get me a New York slice!"

greenscobie86

Established Member
I live here, and will say that the suggestions posted above are good ones.

If you like museums hit up MoMa or the Natural History Museum too. Take the Staten Island Ferry across the harbor, will make for some cool views and photo opportunities. Same goes for the Brooklyn Bridge, you can stroll across it too and see some nice sights.
Theater district/Hell's Kitchen has good restaurants(43-50th streets on the west side.) Becco is a good place if you are into italian cuisine, but places like Shake Shack and Halal Guys are junk food staples in NYC if you're into that. If you like indian food hit up Murray Hill(Curry Hill) as there are lots of indian places to try out.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
You could go to the best steakhouse in the world, Peter Lugers. I'd go visit the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island (if open), WTC memorial, Times Square, Rockafeller Center, maybe visit Yankee Stadium, eat pizza, and finally get at least 1 meal from a street vendor.

cooper1320

Established Member
make a itinerary, I did the same thing the time I went and I was there for 3 nights and probably one got to see 5% of what there is to see/do in nyc, add traffic and distance and everything take much much longer to do. when I went I did the usual, grand central park, top of the rock, time square, 9/11 memorial, a few malls, Brooklyn, few clubs, I had to do drive bys for china town, little Italy, and other tourist things to do/see. it really take a few days to see everything nyc has to offer

sleepiedaze

Established Member
DO NOT DRIVE!!! i made the mistake of driving and parking the car near time square. our hotel was near by. parking cost 75.00 a day!

Woody6799

Established Member
Def go see the WTC memorial every American should, it will take your breath away. We also like to hit the off broadway shows, a lot cheaper and not as intense. Times square is fun just bc its Times Square, its more of a tourist check box than anything else. I would personally go to Ellis Island and see Lady Liberty while you are here. As far as food... you can't go wrong, its NYC there is everything and its all awesome.

Don't drive if you can avoid it. Park outside the city and take the train or bus in.

Users who are viewing this thread