Going to Cali for 10 days, need suggestions

Steve2050

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm taking the family to visit relatives in Antioch,CA. We'll stay with them for a couple of days and drive down to Anaheim(Disneyland) for a couple more days. What is there for a car guy like me to check out in the area?
Thanks for tips & advise.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Go hang out in Huntington Beach! You may get lucky and see Chip Foose, LOL!! Try surfing when you're in HB. We drove up there from San Diego when I visited Cali. It's true what they say about Cali, once you go you want to move there. I have been trying to pack up and go back to San Diego but my fiance won't leave without her family. I loved Cali so much. NO SNOW, LMAO!!

-Mike

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
Hit up Ortega hwy. It's a nice scenic drive with a lot of turns. I'm not sure if they have finished construction though.

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
buy a gas mask before you go, so you don't get lung cancer from all of the smog.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
if you like wine you could visit Napa Valley, they have dozens of vineyards to choose from and it's maybe about an hour for Antioch. San Francisco is good for a day visit.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Is the Peterson museum worth checking out?

Peterson is great. If you go there you can check out the tar pits, the walk of fame, wax museum, farmers market. There is a lot of cool places in the same area. All of those places are within 3 miles of each other. Universal Studios is always fun.

straightliner1

Established Member
If you've never been to San Fran, make a point to stop by for the day. Hit up Pier 39, maybe a short jaunt to Alcatraz prison for an interesting history lesson? As mentioned, Napa is fun for free wine tasting - if that's your thing. Depending on when you're here, there might be some racing at Infineon Raceway, just between Napa and SF.

As for the LA area, the drag racing museum outside of the Pomona Fairplex is a sight to behold, I recommend it highly. Disneyland and Calif Adventure will likely take a day each with kids and the lines. If you have the time, swing over to Universal Studios. It's geared more towards the adults but still fun for kids at the same time. Plan on a solid 6-7 hours to the Buena Park / Anaheim area by car from Antioch.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have to drive in the Los Angeles area every day. Three miles? Don't think distance in miles, think distance in time spent not traveling. Don't even consider driving between 6am and 10am, or from 4pm and 7pm weekdays. I frequently have to drive from my house on the westside to Warner bros. in Universal City. It's only 13.2 miles. but I must leave my house by noon if I expect to be able to spent one hour there and still make it back by 5pm. And if there is an accident ANYWHERE on the 405 or 101 you are dead.

As long as you stay out of LA you will be better off.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Antioch is close to San Fransisco. No where near Los Angeles. 10 days really isn't enough time to do everything that people are recommending to do. This place is as long as 2-3 states. It is kind of cold up there.. But you may be able to find a local beach to hang out and just relax. Or try some Horseback riding. My best friend has been visiting from Illinois the last 2 weeks, and the only things we've really been doing is. (Beach 3 times, Horseback riding, In n Out twice, and Del Taco 5 times. (we love Del Taco))

Places I always liked to visit were San Fransisco, Big Sur, and Monterey Bay.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I have to drive in the Los Angeles area every day. Three miles? Don't think distance in miles, think distance in time spent not traveling. Don't even consider driving between 6am and 10am, or from 4pm and 7pm weekdays. I frequently have to drive from my house on the westside to Warner bros. in Universal City. It's only 13.2 miles. but I must leave my house by noon if I expect to be able to spent one hour there and still make it back by 5pm. And if there is an accident ANYWHERE on the 405 or 101 you are dead.

As long as you stay out of LA you will be better off.

I hate that area just cause of that. Studio City area. And the my car hates the 405. It's crappy condition bottoms out my car. But there is a lot of good eats, and other cool things to do off of Ventura Blvd.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
If you wanna take the drive, hit up the palos verdes coast. The most beautiful coastal view in all of cali imo. PM me if you need details to there, i live very close:beer:

TorchMach

Established Member
Every Thursdays their is Iriwindale Drag Strip. 1/8 a mile track open to anyone for a fee of $10. Its off the 605. It's about 45min from Huntington Beach. Worth it IMO. If your young go to San Diego, Clubs their are tons of fun...

Users who are viewing this thread