Going auto with TH400 in 03 cobra

stanzione88

Established Member
I did a C4 with 3.73 gears, 3000 stall and its a solid setup.
I also will be using MSD 2step to leave the line.
Good luck! :coolman:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
My converter from Lenny is only 3000-3200. Ive had no problems so far running with my C4. There are ups and downs to all setups. A 400 runs cooler then a C4, but then a 400 needs an adapter plate to fit to the mod motor.

its not that you would have problems...its that your leaving et on the table....

Vsix

Established Member
Where did you guys get the automatic bell and flexplate on the C-4 conversions ?

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
its not that you would have problems...its that your leaving et on the table....

Yea if you have the wrong setup it will slow you down at the track. Once I get the boost turned up, the cars really gonna move. I had the converter setup with running high boost and the high HP result of my boost. I know that your not gonna want a too high of a stall because our cars have great low-end power as stated before.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yea if you have the wrong setup it will slow you down at the track. Once I get the boost turned up, the cars really gonna move. I had the converter setup with running high boost and the high HP result of my boost. I know that your not gonna want a too high of a stall because our cars have great low-end power as stated before.

Ill know the answer to that in a couple weeks. I agree the lower stall should be better. but Ive been running a 5k stall the last 7 passes on the car and Im pulling the best 60s and ets I ever have. Im going to swap it to mid to high 3k and see what happens. 1.38-1.44 on Eaton power.

2 ways to look at a converter. set the stall at or just below your peak tq OR 1500rpm below your shif tpoint is how a lot of "racecars" do it. I wont be changing much else so itll be a good comparison

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Yea let me know the results you have. Im waiting a little bit and then im gonna turn my boost up and see what I can get. Hopefully the converter seems to well where its at. What does your car max out when you foot brake it?

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Ill know the answer to that in a couple weeks. I agree the lower stall should be better. but Ive been running a 5k stall the last 7 passes on the car and Im pulling the best 60s and ets I ever have. Im going to swap it to mid to high 3k and see what happens. 1.38-1.44 on Eaton power.

2 ways to look at a converter. set the stall at or just below your peak tq OR 1500rpm below your shif tpoint is how a lot of "racecars" do it. I wont be changing much else so itll be a good comparison

You pull some nice 60's with a eaton, im sure alot of it is gear and tire size

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yea let me know the results you have. Im waiting a little bit and then im gonna turn my boost up and see what I can get. Hopefully the converter seems to well where its at. What does your car max out when you foot brake it?

never tried footbraking it..lol

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
damn with all those runs you werent a little curious to see what foot braking would get you? lol I wanna try from a dead idle and smash it when the light hits to see what 60' I get then. Just curious lol

nope...did one off idle to make sure the car felt ok then all out baby :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread