Going Auto. Need recommendations

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Due to an injury to my clutch foot I am getting ready to swap in an auto trans. I am looking for input or recommendations on what I would need and what trans is the best for drive ability and occasional like once a season track visit.
Thanks guys!

Blackedout

Established Member
Check out Freddy Brown (FB Performance) great place to deal with.... You still have the IRS ??? Going auto or manual valve body ??? (Best Mod EVER !!) :beer:

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Yes I still have the IRS. Just unsure if I want the computer to shift for me or if I want to manually shift it. I prefer to not cut up the center console so I would rather the shifter come through the stock shift boot.

Blackedout

Established Member
If you run a 4r70 trans you will need a different drive shaft.... not sure what you'll need if you run a turbo 400 or 4L80 trans for a drive shaft ??? the auto shifter can be set into the stock location... I used a hurst 1/4 stick shifter... If you go auto valve body you'll need a standalone controller...

boogeyman13

i like boost
Established Member
i have a aode heavily built a stock gt auto drive shaft and a bauman controller its great once u get the settings set up in the controller its a piece of cake i use a stock gt auto shifter and cable also

boogeyman13

i like boost
Established Member
i am auto and solid axle rear u may need to have a shaft made with the correct yokes on it for whatever setup you have but the shaft is the easy part

Users who are viewing this thread