Goin Lean at Idle?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
We installed a Gen 2 short block in my car with a Gen 3 TVS, ported lower intake, and L&M intake cams. Those are the only changes we made compared to my old set up.

I am currently datalogging with my tuner and after idling for 10-15 seconds the car starts to lean out and the STFTs keep rising. They start off great but after 2 minutes they are adding up to 14-17 percent at idle. The part throttle logs were spot on and the fuel trims were right around .98.

I removed and inspected all of my vacum lines with nothing obvious standing out. Could I have an issue with my bypass valve? Has anyone seen the gaskets on the lower intake or blower go bad? The thing is the car idles fine and drives fine. If I had a leak I would think it would effect everything.

I attempted to load the excel doc but the file was to large, I had to compress it as a zip file. I can email this log if you cannot access it. The first portion of the log is a part throttle run from 1k-5k in third gear followed by idling. Thanks

Attachments

• PT Idle 17 May.zip
    176.8 KB · Views: 82

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Adding Fuel, longer it idles the more the computer has to add.

I think we figured it out, Tuner threw in more fuel down low and the latest log is showing fuel trims staying within 5%. I was starting to panic because I was almost certain I did not have any leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread