• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Gofundme The Trump Wall

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by jeffh81, Dec 18, 2018.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I thought Trump may announce during his televised speech that he had reached a deal with Mexico for them to pay for the wall which included selling them CA.

2. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

you would have to include oregon and washington behind that wall as well. if you give kommiefornia back to mexico those two states will simply fill in with their liberal bullshit nah get rid of the whole west coast .. life would be better

3. 1996slowbra

1996slowbra Active Member Established Member

California Oregon and Washington make up almost 20% of the GDP of the US. So yeah if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, go for it. You would basically be telling China they win.

4. RDJ

we would more than likely make up the loss in saved costs of shit we pay out to those states.

jeffh81 and 03Sssnake like this.
  5. 1996slowbra

It was my understanding that California gets back 96 cents for every dollar it sends to the federal government, Oregon and Washington are similar, meaning that the Federal government receives more in tax dollars from high income state like California than it spends.

Here is a chart showing most to least dependent states if you're interested.

966724856.jpg

6. RDJ

7. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

8. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

Maybe Trump will declare a National Security issue and get the money for the wall. I thought he was going to do that the other day. It's possible.
    Didn't that commie Obunghole bypass Congress many times to get his commie bills passed??

Smooth, jeffh81 and 03Sssnake like this.
  9. 03Sssnake

barry used the executive order quite a bit, though they don't have the full force of law, such as a bill/legislation that passes both houses and is signed into law.

jeffh81 and tones_RS3 like this.
  10. RDJ

he can EO it all he wants that won't give him the money to do it.

jeffh81 likes this.
  11. jeffh81

jeffh81 East Texas Redneck Established Member

AAA928CE-E62B-4BA7-9D6D-6C4B938EF1E5.png

03Sssnake likes this.
  12. 03Sssnake

The lower courts would likely challenge, block an EO pertaining to the wall anyways.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    tones_RS3 likes this.
  13. ViperRed91GT

ViperRed91GT Lightning Guru Established Member

Do you have a source for this chart? Perhaps I’m reading it wrong, but typically those reports show that the gov’t is using the money more wisely, not that the money is going back to them. Hence the “ROI”

14. 1996slowbra

Its federal dollars received for every dollar sent, so ROI in this case would be we the state send you a dollar and the federal government returns 7 or 5 or whatever.

The image is from an Atlantic article for a year back or so. Ill try and find it.

Most states are net takers, and the handful of states that are payers, IE California, Texas and New york dont make up the shortfall, hence budget deficit. The States that are the biggest takers tend to have the lowest media incomes so they arent sending much in the way of income taxes to Washington.

15. RDJ

we don't have a budget short fall because some states are takers. we have a budget short fall because the ****ers in washington refuse to engage in responsible spending. and presidents don't have the balls to say no

16. 1996slowbra

Sorry, I should clarify, that chart was account for ALL federal dollars sent to a state. So if the federal government wants to send 40 billion to General Dynamics Electric Boat company to build new submarines then that counts in this chart. Its not just entitlement spending that is represented.

Also presidents propose a budget and congress votes on it so its not that presidents dont say no, its that the budgets they are proposing are not balanced in the first place. This has been a problem since Bush 1, if you want to cut taxes you need to cut spending but certain parts of the budget like defense and certain entitlements are 3rd rails that no one is willing to cut.

17. FJohnny

FJohnny Well-Known Member Established Member

Gotta agree with RDJ on this one. In Canada we call the net takers 'Have not' provinces. Alberta, a 'Have', contributes billions extra so Quebec can have it. We're just glad they are happy and hardly resent it at all.

But our big problem, like RDJ says, is leaders who run a deficit to get reelected. Throw money and buy votes. No worries that one day we have to pay it back. There is no end in sight to our federal overspending.

At least the US has a leader who campaigned on no deficit within 2 years and debt paid off within 8 years (2 terms). That sounds good. I know it takes a while to total up the numbers but does anyone know if 2 years into the first term the deficit is zero or almost zero?

That's the stat that the media seems to ignore but to me would be the single most important measure of how this current administration compares to the previous ones.

18. 1996slowbra

Lol no were slated to add almost a trillion dollars to the deficit this year, we cut taxes but didnt actually cut spending anywhere, In fact I think they actually increased the military budget.

FJohnny likes this.
  19. FJohnny

FJohnny Well-Known Member Established Member

Trillion? I get freaked out about our Billions shortfall. Trillion is so big a number it's almost meaningless in my mind.

I just checked the US population numbers. A trillion $ is about $3000 per man, woman and child. So a family of 5 owes $15k before they even start the year. Like a full second mortgage. And that's just one year. The family owes $300k for what's built up previously on 20ish trillion debt? Most people will have a full job to pay off one house. Paying off the equivalent of 2 houses seems hard to imagine.

Is it already too far gone to fix?

20. MassCobra

MassCobra All set Established Member

Stroszek likes this.