Godzilla vs. Kong – Official Trailer

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I watched it and liked it. I try not to think of the fake stuff because the fact of a Gorilla or Dinosaur the size of buildings is pretty fake to begin with. Fast and Furious shifting 30 times and racing a quarter mile which lasts 5 minutes was fake also.
Good movie with great special effects in my opinion.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Only thing that really bothered me was Alexander Skarsgard's scientist character turning out to be an expert pilot.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Only thing that really bothered me was Alexander Skarsgard's scientist character turning out to be an expert pilot.

Finally watched it last night. Approached it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Def just a fun movie. That character was never really developed, scientist, conspiracy theorist, "hollow earther", who the hell know my brain just filled in that blank as I guess he was ex-military of some sort. "Bernie and friends" were great comic relief. All around good cookie cutter action movie. Only thing was I always thought it was a Japanese based thing in the originals, this was all China?

openaccount

Established Member
Really liked it. And I expect not everything to make sense but...

spoilers

Come on...Kong killed Godzilla... He goes all Stormbreaker Thor on him supercharged axe and all AND! aimed for the head. Prior to this it is shown to pierce Godzillas skin, then later the supercharged axe becomes an unstoppable weapon...but for that sequence it can't kill to maintain continuity. Was a badass scene but still.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Godzilla fan here.
2005 Kong was good. I thought there was a sequel to that?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I think you're referring to 'Kong - Skull Island'. That one was okay, but the 2005 movie was a re-do of the famous 1933 movie. I'll always consider the original 1933 and re-do 2005 to be the best Kong movies.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm pleased to hear that I'm not the only one who's battled with the audio. Can never seem to find a happy spot. Either it's quiet and muddy or I'm blowing the neighbor's house down.

I enjoyed the last two modern Godzilla movies so I had some expectations from this one. I thought it was very "meh." The Kong + Godzilla relationship should have been better developed instead of focusing on the characters. In my opinion, taking a totally sci-fi, unrealistic movie/scenario and trying to build character relationships to tug at your heart strings makes for a delicate balance. One minute you're cringing at an inconsistency in a fight scene and the next you're supposed to get the warm and fuzzy as an underdeveloped character jump starts a giant heart.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I watched it and liked it. I try not to think of the fake stuff because the fact of a Gorilla or Dinosaur the size of buildings is pretty fake to begin with. Fast and Furious shifting 30 times and racing a quarter mile which lasts 5 minutes was fake also.
Good movie with great special effects in my opinion.

I'm with you 100%. It's a movie that is meant for entertainment. Analyzing it and asking if an aircraft carrier could still float with two titans battling on top of it is ridiculous in my opinion.

As you pointed out with F and F, most of the stuff we watch is fake. I remember watching the Transporter. There was a bomb stuck to the bottom of the car. Statham drives off and hits a half ramp. Flips the car 180 degrees in the air. Goes by a crane hook that knocks the bomb off the car and while he continues to 360 degrees the bomb explodes and he lands the car with no damage. ROFLMAO!!! Most ridiculous thing I ever seen, but it's Hollywood and just for entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread