God Damn Fog Light Bulb!

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Yea my girlfriend so nicely pointed that out to me today while picking her up. Its part#893 for the nice one from Sylvania right? I put them in tomorrow. Damnit anyways, I had a whole day of SEX planned out, and now this.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Yea, thats what I did. From what you guys told me, I thought this Dust Door, was like a 1"x1", untill I got under there. It wasnt so bad, took me about 5 mins.:rolling:

Thought it was going to be a pain in the ass, but I moddified a SHO with SHOSHOP parts, so I was a 100% ready for a Fog Light fix.:cryying:

SilverSVT

Established Member
Consider yourself lucky your "dust door" opens, I get to take my splash shield off b/c mine are hermetically sealed. So I get to invest at least 20 miutes in my fog light modifications.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My dust door was easy the first time too... They seem to get harder to open everytime. :( It took me about 30 minutes to do one side last time...:cryying:

Joey

I don't get out much
Established Member
Those dust doors (as you guys call them), are Ford Engineering Humor... :xpl:

Took me 5 seconds to get the old bulb out, but couldn't turn my wrist to get the new one in.

svtcarboy

Established Member
I could get my "dust doors" off the first time only as well...

However, you don't have to take the whole splash guard off to change the bulbs... just take the outer two or three screws out, and then you can pull the guard away and work on the lights... it snaps right into and out of place. It's hard to explain without showing someone, but my sister figured it out last time she replaced my bulbs (and changed the oil while she was under there :cool: )

She did my oil and my fog lights and a couple other things, and I waxed her truck...

stunts

Established Member
Originally posted by Joey
Those dust doors (as you guys call them), are Ford Engineering Humor... :xpl:

Took me 5 seconds to get the old bulb out, but couldn't turn my wrist to get the new one in.

I know exactly what you mean. Taking it out was so easy i figured this is gonna be a snap. Ooops that was not thinking in the Ford fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread