God damn army enterprise e-mail!!!!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Any other army guys in here have issues with disabled links in outlook/enterprise? im trying to get the $10 microsoft for military and you have to put in your address to be approved. so i got the e-mail with the picture link to go pay, download and active office on my personal computer. thing is i click it and it says the link is disabled for my security. i cant copy the link b/c it a lil picture that says "buy now" GRRRRRRRR. i right click on the picture icon thing to see if the link will be in properties but the only link is for the error message. this shit is annoying. i really need office and im not paying 100 bucks for a year.

any ideas? my computer kung fu is weak and im about to smash my computer with my face. thanks in advance.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Any other army guys in here have issues with disabled links in outlook/enterprise? im trying to get the $10 microsoft for military and you have to put in your address to be approved. so i got the e-mail with the picture link to go pay, download and active office on my personal computer. thing is i click it and it says the link is disabled for my security. i cant copy the link b/c it a lil picture that says "buy now" GRRRRRRRR. i right click on the picture icon thing to see if the link will be in properties but the only link is for the error message. this shit is annoying. i really need office and im not paying 100 bucks for a year.

any ideas? my computer kung fu is weak and im about to smash my computer with my face. thanks in advance.

It won't work in outlook as they keep files as small as possible.

If you VPN using the OWA site, it should allow you to select hyperlinks without them being blocked.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
damn you are speaking chinese to me man. vpn?

here is what i did. im on my personal computer at the house

logged on to AKO with my CAC
clicked mail and followed the links for "check enterprise e-mail"
opened the e-mail in my in box and then got the middle finger from the link.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
damn you are speaking chinese to me man. vpn?

here is what i did. im on my personal computer at the house

logged on to AKO with my CAC
clicked mail and followed the links for "check enterprise e-mail"
opened the e-mail in my in box and then got the middle finger from the link.

mrose75

Established Member
Yeah, that's pretty much what happens to me as well. Anything containing a link in OWA/EEmail is blocked to protect the gov't network. I tried forwarding it to a gmail or something, and still nothing. Blows.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
do you have another military email address you could try forwarding it to? I am eligible to get that as well but just haven't yet. if enterprise web mail is that bad I may have to just use my afghan email

mrose75

Established Member
Good and cold up there I bet. About halfway through this trip. You?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
do you have another military email address you could try forwarding it to? I am eligible to get that as well but just haven't yet. if enterprise web mail is that bad I may have to just use my afghan email
I hate it!

I guess I will not be over to Afg this time around. I was supposed to be on the ground 4 JAN doing the dead end/retirement job of AFPAK Hands. All the surgeries are keeping me grounded, literally! No more jumping. I am a leg with Jump Master wings.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member

Was just there today... A lot warmer than BAF that's for sure.

To the OP, is there not a link that says "To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. If you're sure this message is from a trusted sender and you want to re-enable the blocked features, click here." It should be at the top of the email body.

I personally hate the new email system. I use Windows 8, and have to enter my pin 23243049327 times while checking email.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good and cold up there I bet. About halfway through this trip. You?
it is cold at night, during the day it is not too bad. daytime temps is about like Texas …

been here just about a year. will be here till the end most likely

I hate it!

I guess I will not be over to Afg this time around. I was supposed to be on the ground 4 JAN doing the dead end/retirement job of AFPAK Hands. All the surgeries are keeping me grounded, literally! No more jumping. I am a leg with Jump Master wings.
man that sux .. sorta kinda .. was hoping we could hook up when you got here LOL but yeah sux about not being able to jump but at least you won't have to come back out here …

Was just there today... A lot warmer than BAF that's for sure.

To the OP, is there not a link that says "To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. If you're sure this message is from a trusted sender and you want to re-enable the blocked features, click here." It should be at the top of the email body.

I personally hate the new email system. I use Windows 8, and have to enter my pin 23243049327 times while checking email.
I hate it as well I need to go in an forward it to my afghan mail … but just haven't done it yet

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
enterprise strikes again!!! **** this. so i just went thru hell changing any and all accounts that had my AKO as the e-mail. I got some e-mails from userec that wouldnt open too lol. army e-mail doesnt work with army sites LOL!!! damn this is getting funny.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Yeah enterprise sucks. I used to get all my AKO emails on my phone so I can check on the fly if there was a mass email. Now I have to find a computer with a CAC reader

busabruce

Established Member
Have you guys tried to get into ASK??? It's been down for a couple of months now.

I tried to get into a similar email through OWA and it was blocked as well. I don't think there isa way around it unless you have admin rights.

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Hold down the CTL button and then left click on the link. Should work, most of the time, when the sun is setting, and the stars align, or it wants to.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Enterprise mail blows bigfoot. I have not been able to access it since the change from AKO. No matter what computer I use it can never connect. Help desk is no help. Need to download PIV's........my ass.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
they need to come out with a phone cac reader.

They have those, seen many blackberry "sleds".

As to the email issue, I believe HTML email has disabled DoD wide, I know USMC has done it. Which means links and such wont work, you'll have to copy/paste it to a browser.

Users who are viewing this thread