Goals 750-800 rwhp

LivingEZ

Established Member
For the benefit of full transparency in your project,

Do you regret not buying new headers or did the coin saved, if any, make it worth it?

Do you need a green X pipe for emissions testing?
I only ask, because at some point, the cats can degrade/fail rapidly depending on power levels. Metal pieces going where no car owner wants them to go

I wouldn't cut corners when it comes to tuning, or not tuning.

I was able to pick up the headers at over half off compared to new, the seller agreed to pay for the o2 bung replacement so no added cost to me. The tubes being welded to the flange that was the welders suggestion after I brought him the headers and shown him what happened when I was trying to clean the flange to put a straight edge on it. All in they will be better than they were new and the total cost will be 1200 including the cost of them originally.

Green catts for emission purposes, searched for weeks for the kooks racing catt H or X pipe and was going to use a j spacer but the kooks racing catts are discontinued and everybody drop ships. So it's either green catts or no catts so I decided to to go with the green catts to reduce some noise and the oder, aswell as pass inspection without worry

Not trying to cut corners I figure the headers are going to take 7 hrs to install I would rather do that in my garage and not take up a bay at my buddies shop for that long plus the install of the other parts and the dyno time. I don't think they would care it's just not my shop.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pro tip have the O2 bung angled down to not trap moisture and significantly save your O2 sensors especially with ethanol fuel.
I run 2” ARH with 3.5” collectors and that trick helped. They also have angled bungs/adapters but if you’re already welding now the time
-J

Users who are viewing this thread