GNC - What's up?

jshen

Established Member
Does any member order from GNC??? I place orders for protein and almost immediately get return message " cannot complete order"...I did a little research only to find GNC went bankrupt and now owned by Chinese...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap!!! Didn't know that.
What are you looking for specifically? Does Amazon have it? I order my BCAA's from Amazon.

jshen

Established Member
I use their Whey Isolate..and usually buy 4- 4lb containers at a time. Good meal replacement. 20grms protein, 0 fat, 0 carbs..... Guess I'll have to find a substitute. Sucks the chinese coming in and buying them

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, I'll have to mention this to my granddaughter. She worked in a GNC store a year or so ago. She was there almost a year part-time while at nursing school and liked the store.

Reaper14

Established Member
Good to know thank you, I will have to start shopping elsewhere for my protein & cologen. Used to get it from a1supplements before.

Vic

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I never liked that GNC had a non member vs member price.

Anyplace where I have to pay to shop or to get special pricing bothers me (which includes Costco). Like why does someone else pay less than what I would pay. Makes my purchase not enjoyable and makes me just feel ripped off.

I hope they continue to not do well even more so now that the Chinese own them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
GNC was my first employer in 1979. Stock boy. I don't believe they went bankrupt. They got bought right when the Chinese virus hit. Know one has been able to get GNC chewable vitamin c since. Headquarters was in PA and it was manufactured in USA. Product most likely going to China like all 3m n95 masks.

96dreamer

Established Member
Look into Myprotein US you won't find a better quality for the price. Looking at the list price it might not seem cheap but they are always having 40%-60% off sales, literally all the time. Been using them for years with zero issues. Shipping is always fast and they throw in free stuff every now and then.

trxcobra

Established Member
www.1stPhorm.com is my go-to.

I have been working with the brand for about a year and they are grounded in quality products, hard work and helping others. Customer service is 2nd to none and they have built a somewhat cult-like following full of motivated people.

Not trying to sell you guys on the stuff but any orders through this link will cover shipping costs there are some discounted stacks/bundles: www.1stPhorm.com/hatemorlovem

96dreamer

Established Member
www.1stPhorm.com is my go-to.

I have been working with the brand for about a year and they are grounded in quality products, hard work and helping others. Customer service is 2nd to none and they have built a somewhat cult-like following full of motivated people.

Not trying to sell you guys on the stuff but any orders through this link will cover shipping costs there are some discounted stacks/bundles: www.1stPhorm.com/hatemorlovem

I'm local to them. The degree to which they push 1st Phorm products at Supplement Superstore(also owned by 1st phorms owner Andy Frisella) never sat well with me. Not saying it's bad stuff or a bad company but if you buy anything else besides 1st phorm, which is essentially their house brand, you would pretty much get belittled. It was never a pleasant experience for me. Granted it's probably been over 6 years since I've been in a store so things may have changed. Cult like following is definitely a good description of the users around here though.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Yes, being almost 80 years in business and 1000's of franchise. GNC was an attractive opportunity for the purchasers. With billions in sales and a distribution network second to none.
The alarming part, is China supplies over 80% of our drug's and now has a monopoly on our vitamins.

Look up and know PRION. Look deep, see if you think this can't be weaponized and delivered unknowingly in Hope's the FDA & USDA can catch it.

I will give a short cut. Prion can't be cooked out.

GNC was always over priced with a poor business model.

Good riddance.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
1st phorm and be done with it. After trying many brands of different supplements I believe they have the best products on the market

jshen

Established Member
Got my vaccination today and on way home drove out of my way to a local GNC- They were closed!

trxcobra

Established Member
I'm local to them. The degree to which they push 1st Phorm products at Supplement Superstore(also owned by 1st phorms owner Andy Frisella) never sat well with me. Not saying it's bad stuff or a bad company but if you buy anything else besides 1st phorm, which is essentially their house brand, you would pretty much get belittled. It was never a pleasant experience for me. Granted it's probably been over 6 years since I've been in a store so things may have changed. Cult like following is definitely a good description of the users around here though.

Interesting, to be honest I always thought of Supplement Superstores as essentially an unofficial 1st Phorm storefront so I am not necessarily surprised, but nobody likes having stuff pushed on them. That was Andy and his partner's first business and essentially a stepping stone to what 1st Phorm has grown into today.

At the end of the day, they are some regular dudes who worked their asses off to build something special. They invest in an FDA-inspected facility (not a requirement for supplements) and don't cut corners. I always feel better purchasing from companies like that!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I use their Whey Isolate..and usually buy 4- 4lb containers at a time. Good meal replacement. 20grms protein, 0 fat, 0 carbs..... Guess I'll have to find a substitute. Sucks the chinese coming in and buying them

Costco has some good options.

I never liked that GNC had a non member vs member price.

Anyplace where I have to pay to shop or to get special pricing bothers me (which includes Costco). Like why does someone else pay less than what I would pay. Makes my purchase not enjoyable and makes me just feel ripped off.

I hope they continue to not do well even more so now that the Chinese own them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You're missing out on those $5 rotisserie chickens.

Users who are viewing this thread