GMC Sonoma???

darkecho

Established Member
I recently read a post on here about the "young guys" that are driving around and making asses of themselves and I had to comment. I had the priveledge of pulling up to a couple in some whack looking GMC Sonoma...he had his name printed on the side of his windows and it was quite cute, if you ask me. I'm almost positive that he was running stock, while i'm running my '94 "L". I know that this is a pointless kill, but needless to say...poor guy got embarrassed. Sorry for wasting time with such a weak story, but I couldn't help it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have my name on my window (about 1/2 tall) and my girls on the passenger side window...thats 5hp per name man

BTW Nice Kill-O

Originally posted by darkecho
he had his name printed on the side of his windows and it was quite cute, if you ask me.

darkecho

Established Member
5HP, huh?

I guess that means that these guys that have more stickers on their rides than they do mods are running 500 or more...easy!! What do you think my custom Lightning stickers on my back window add?? I'm thinking at least 15 or more......it's a pretty big sticker.:-D ...by the way...on a side note...i'm thinking of running my "L" against my brother in laws '72 Stingray...what do you guys think?? Any suggestions in beating him...other than letting the air out of his tires??

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Re: 5HP, huh?

I guess that means that these guys that have more stickers on their rides than they do mods are running 500 or more...easy!! What do you think my custom Lightning stickers on my back window add?? I'm thinking at least 15 or more......it's a pretty big sticker.:-D ...by the way...on a side note...i'm thinking of running my "L" against my brother in laws '72 Stingray...what do you guys think?? Any suggestions in beating him...other than letting the air out of his tires??

You could always go the opposite way! Add about 15 psi to his rear tires and just laugh as he goes up in smoke :burnout: and you go away! :D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: 5HP, huh?

i'm thinking of running my "L" against my brother in laws '72 Stingray...what do you guys think??
What motor? Manual or auto? Modern rubber? Good driver? If he's got a good running 427, six-pack with modern rubber, look out...

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Re: Re: GMC Sonoma???

Originally posted by RTStabler51
I have my name on my window (about 1/2 tall) and my girls on the passenger side window...thats 5hp per name man

BTW Nice Kill-O

HAhAhA! :lol: Ill be a witness for that one, he and his girlfriend do have their names on his Gokart.

As for the Sonoma, hahaha, ive seen the SS run 18's!, The X-tremes on the other hand are Jokes as well. They have one with a powerdyne blower on it running like HIGH 15's! Thats such a waste!

WV351_Lightning

Established Member
LOL, I have also had a run in with a GMC Sonoma HighRider!! But hey, she started it and I couldn't look like a wuss in front a girl that looked that good! Needless to say, The "L" won from bottom to top. LOL

Also had to oppurtunity to embarrass a bone stock 2001 V-6. I thought that I would get my ass beat, but either the guy was afraid of his car, or it was just plain out sick! It was actually a killing!

BTW, this was my first V-6 meeting, but I am sure that many more will follow! Was this certain V-6 just sick, or is a 95 Lightning just plain out quicker than it. We were on about a 1/2 mile straight away, and I had pulled infront of him by about 50 yards! What do you guys think?

Last edited:

WV351_Lightning

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply man! I wasn't really sure if the "L" could get the new V-6's or not, but thanks for clearing that up for me!

BTW, how can I tell if my "L" has a computer chip in it?

Users who are viewing this thread