Gmail Alternatives

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
The personal email address I've been using for the last few years is about to...we'll say, expire.

I'm looking for alternatives to Gmail (because **** google).

I've been recommended Protonmail which looks like a very good alternative. Upper tier of membership comes with multiple email accts, your own domain, a VPN, etc...

Just curious what others are using

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
88C71619-A682-4A87-91F8-1F72C60D7406.jpeg
I gave up on checking my email

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1771381I gave up on checking my email
that gives me anxiety lol.

I've been hard core unsubscribing here lately.

With Protonmail I think I get either 5 or 10 addresses but they all go to a main box. So I can set up say, [email protected] and have it go to it's own sub folder for my main email address and use that email for giveaways and other BS, not my main inbox. Keeps the main box more focused.

Edit: better than the current situation of free burner email accounts that have to be logged into separately etc..

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I was looking at proton mail last night. I might have to get one and start moving things over. I’m not sure I want to pay for an email service but having 10 emails could be super useful.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
the privacy aspect and that they don't mine your data were selling points on proton mail for me
Definitely a good selling points. Smartmail appears to have the same features. No ads, no tracking. And unlimited aliases/disposable emails to use for signing up for whatever. And of course encrypted emails.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1771381I gave up on checking my email
I've had the same yahoo account for 20+ years.
LOL. My wife wasn't far from that number of emails two weeks ago. I finally persuaded her to clean it up and after a solid week of deletes, she got it down to maybe 50. Problem is, she's on so many email lists (from a lot of online shopping, discount sites, etc.) that she literally gets over 300 emails a day, the majority of which are marketing emails. I've been trying to get her to get a new email address somewhere and although it's a minor pain, update all of her accounts with the new email address.

I never got as many email as my wife does, but a couple of years ago I decided to get a new email address because I just couldn't control the daily influx of crap email. I was just getting too many spam emails per day. I think I had that account for 20+ years, like @93Cobra#2771. 3 years later, I only get about 7-10 a day, with 95% being valid.

@93Cobra#2771, just curious after having the same email address for 20+ years, how many total emails do you average per day?

Users who are viewing this thread