Gloss black stripes

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
Not sure if it has been noticed, but fords website if you go to build one now lists the stripes as gloss black. They haven't changed the listed year yet though..

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Would be interesting if they did a late year cut over, but I doubt it. Probably just getting ready for the changeover of stuff on the web.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The website has listed gloss black stripes since I ordered my car in May, probably before that. I think the mention of gloss black stripes on the 2014 may just be a carry over of the original mistake in the 2013 build & price car site.
Build Your Own

Levix

Established Member
I saw it listed as gloss black for a few months. Never thought to much about it. Figured it was just a typo on the webmasters part.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I think they also had the blue stripes originally listed as "Sonic Blue" and now they are listed as "Deep Impact Blue". Which is correct?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
They have changed the stripes from flat to gloss for 2014. Bad move I believe. I prefer matte any day.

ford13

Established Member
maybe they will be gloss on the non black cars, and matte on the black cars. my stripes are matte and they look killer. gloss black stripes on a gloss black car would be right next to invisible. imo. gloss gloss would still look good. matte black paint would go nice with gloss black stripes ... limo tinted and murdered out ...

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
My 2014 Gt500 order says gloss black stripes as well, I ordered sterling grey. Anyone have a pic of how the gloss black stripes will look?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
The website has listed gloss black stripes since I ordered my car in May, probably before that. I think the mention of gloss black stripes on the 2014 may just be a carry over of the original mistake in the 2013 build & price car site.
Build Your Own
This ^^. When I "configured" the Black car I originally wanted to order, also back in May, the site listed "Gloss Black Tape Stripes" and "Gloss Black Racing Stripes", all "Available Summer 2012".
(If only I could figure out how to attach an image of the copy I saved...) :??:

Last edited:

WI-2014

Established Member
I specifically asked this question at my dealer and they informed me that the striping on my black on black 2014 vert will be identical to what the 2013 was. I personally may have preferred a dark gray/charcoal if offered that choice but am still thrilled with the car that is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread