GIVING UP on Kooks LTH's - They sag and being 2 piece leak like crazy

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
There are a couple of threads about the quick jacks, people seem to like em. I've been debating the 7k weight limit one so I can lift my DD F150 as well. Costco has pretty good pricing on em, I wanna say $1,200 shipped for the 7k unit

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FYI, if you get the Bassanis have the mid pipe tack welded together at least. No matter how high you lift it before tightening it sends up sagging at the X. When I get around to putting my headers on I'm probably going to modify the mid pipe to tuck up better.

nitrojunk

Established Member
12BGLt6
Had to pass on the used bassanni's .. they are in fact a 2 piece system like my old Kooks .. so I guess ARH it is .. now just need to find a spot in NJ that isnt charging 1200 bucks to install headers

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I doubt you're going to find anyone much cheaper. It's a long process. It's why a lot of people stick with stock manifolds.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt you're going to find anyone much cheaper. It's a long process. It's why a lot of people stick with stock manifolds.

he's right, its not difficult on a technical scale but it's an obnoxious job. I did mine with the motor out and still get a little annoyed with a bolt or two

dazwelding

Established Member
PB Blaster is you friend for removing the nuts and studs. I most of the studs out by either the nut and stud coming off in one shot, or by putting a socket on the end of the stud and getting it out. I did have maybe 2 that I had to put two nuts on and jam them up to back the studs out.

Users who are viewing this thread