Girodisc 2-piece rotors Offroad use only?

Imatk

Established Member
Just ordered some rotors and got them today and the first thing I see when I unbox them is an orange piece of paper that states that the rotors are "offroad use only."

Does this mean I need to send them back if I'm using the car on the street??

barspen

Established Member
I cant imagine it really matters when it comes to rotors. Seems like silly marketing.

Let us know how you like them. I was looking at those as a possible 2-piece option. Are you planning to do any HPDE days on them?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have them on a Ford GT, and like them. They will survive agressive track use. I don't think I had any disclaimers about road use. I would not question their road use one bit. I bet it has something to do with their product liability insurance.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bruce from FTBR would know best. My guess is they are better suited for track use than everyday driving. I have been eyeing them as well.

Imatk

Established Member
Thanks guys, I heard back from Mike at Girodisc:

Rest assured those rotors are 100% okay to run on the street and a majority of our customers run them on the street every day. The disclaimer is simply a formality for liability issues surrounding all aftermarket parts. If you purchase basically anything in the automotive aftermarket you will see that disclaimer.

Hope that puts you at ease, let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

So I'll be putting some shiny new rotors on my car tomorrow :)

I've already weighed them and if my math is correct they are a good 10 pounds lighter than the stock rotors... woohoo!

Imatk

Established Member
I cant imagine it really matters when it comes to rotors. Seems like silly marketing.

Let us know how you like them. I was looking at those as a possible 2-piece option. Are you planning to do any HPDE days on them?

Will do!

Here in Austin we have a couple of tracks, I've been wanting to do this weekend course to really learn how to drive on a track... just have to get my butt over there.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
If you do hit the track, I've had good results with padgid yellow pads. They survived the track, but are still street able. They are dusty, and noisy though. The blacks didn't hold up.

Users who are viewing this thread