getting tired of my 93

venomisback

Big Member
Established Member
i was doing a little cleanup work this weekend, and finally just quit due to frustration. being that its 13 yrs. old now there are things here and there and everywhere that are not perfect. does this frustrate you? my main complaints right now;

1. need to fill all the holes in the engine bay. (don't want to f the car up too bad though)
2. trim all around the outside needs replaced.
3. underneath the car sucks...

anyone??

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
It can't stay new forever.. All cars need a little TLC....Its a Fox.. cut it some slack.. thay are the best mustang..

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
I've felt that way before with my '97 GT. I would get behind on cleaning it because of work schedules, and then I would start nitpicking about EVERY little thing that was wrong with it. It's just "car depression" I guess.....you'll get over it. Just start replacing some of the things that are wrong....one little part at a time if you have to.

Last edited:

Hawaii-50

Established Member
I know exactly what you mean. 2 months ago when I was replacing my heater core I was having a fit. I've repainted some of the black trim around the door along with the side view mirrors and now I'm trying to deal with the discoloring clearcoat on the spoiler. Oh, and my driver side door needs to have the pins replaced. It sags about 1 1/2-2 inches when fully opened. She also developed an occasional surging problem that I have to contend with. I'd say she's a 7.5 out of 10. Last year, the mechanics at Blue Oval Corral in St. Petersburg told me the engine was spotless for having 95Kmiles. I told them she actually had 195K and they couldn't believe it. Even though she now has over 225K miles on her, she always starts up the first time, even when it's cold (If you consider 40 degrees in winter cold!). My main complaints are the 13 year old carpet, worn out seats, egg-crate ride quality, and the countless creaks and rattles. The other day at Sam's when I was going back to my car this 14 yo kid says "Hey dad check out that old Mustang" and was pointing at my car. He almost got ran over b/c he was walking backwards staring at her. You may get tired of her sometimes, and she may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she'll always have charisma and will always evoke the question-"I wonder what she's got under the hood". Be patient with her.

PONY MAN

Established Member
Hawaii-50 said:
I know exactly what you mean. 2 months ago when I was replacing my heater core I was having a fit. I've repainted some of the black trim around the door along with the side view mirrors and now I'm trying to deal with the discoloring clearcoat on the spoiler. Oh, and my driver side door needs to have the pins replaced. It sags about 1 1/2-2 inches when fully opened. She also developed an occasional surging problem that I have to contend with. I'd say she's a 7.5 out of 10. Last year, the mechanics at Blue Oval Corral in St. Petersburg told me the engine was spotless for having 95Kmiles. I told them she actually had 195K and they couldn't believe it. Even though she now has over 225K miles on her, she always starts up the first time, even when it's cold (If you consider 40 degrees in winter cold!). My main complaints are the 13 year old carpet, worn out seats, egg-crate ride quality, and the countless creaks and rattles. The other day at Sam's when I was going back to my car this 14 yo kid says "Hey dad check out that old Mustang" and was pointing at my car. He almost got ran over b/c he was walking backwards staring at her. You may get tired of her sometimes, and she may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she'll always have charisma and will always evoke the question-"I wonder what she's got under the hood". Be patient with her.
Sounds like you are doing a great job keeping her up.
I feel that way sometimes,but like you say, a good compliment here just keeps me going with mine. :)

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
venomisback said:
i was doing a little cleanup work this weekend, and finally just quit due to frustration. being that its 13 yrs. old now there are things here and there and everywhere that are not perfect. does this frustrate you? my main complaints right now;

1. need to fill all the holes in the engine bay. (don't want to f the car up too bad though)
2. trim all around the outside needs replaced.
3. underneath the car sucks...

anyone??

i felt the same way, just sold my 88Gt as of this morning, i already miss it :( i had to sell due to lack of space, if i could of, i soooo would of kept it

scootro

Established Member
Hawaii-50 said:
Sounds like a passionate mustang fan to me. :beer:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
everytime someone comes to buy a mustang part, they ask what's under the cover. i say a 93 cobra and i always get "oh really". even with my missing vin tag(going to chp soon), i always get compliments. just write down things that need to be done and do it little by little.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, it's tough. Honestly, the only "perfect" car out there is one that has never been driven. And we all know how much fun that is...

My car has flaws. Funny thing, though, is that I'm the only one that sees them. No one else ever sees them. From an 1/8" scratch where I dropped a screwdriver (not very deep nor noticable), to the spot on the rear bumper where a rock hit on the INSIDE of the bumper and actually dented/dimpled the paint, and other little odds and ends.

Just remember, they are spots prob. only you know about. Drive it and enjoy it - you'll be glad you did.

SVT1993

Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Yeah, it's tough. Honestly, the only "perfect" car out there is one that has never been driven. And we all know how much fun that is...QUOTE]

Well said Richard! :)

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
opps

im with ya brother. i love my cobra and will probably (actually i know i will) regret selling her but ive have decided to this spring. i NEED to have a 03-04 cobra. i cant get it out of my head. i love my 93, i do, but im getting bored with the 5.0L ive done just about everything to one except a turbo kit. i need a new challange i guess. and like you my moldings are fading, theres several paint chips, the front wheels need to be touched up. the bad thing is im gonna fix everything before i sell it (because i dont like selling junk) and then ill prolly not wanna sell it because everything that bothered me will be good again. stupid cars :bash: :D

Last edited:

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
ya my car is apart (headgasgets) on stands in the garage and i have been picking it apart. i think two more years and its going to get completly restored.. hard to imagine that the car could use a restoration. mine is also a 7 out of 10 but it is driven all summer every day

svtdriven

Established Member
I've been through this before. i sold my 91 lx 5.0 for a 98 cobra. I really missed the 91. the 98 was a good car for a long time, but it also started aging. there was a spot in the paint that was starting to oxidize, and repairs were starting to become more frequent, the weatherstripping and seats started to look worn, but since I had purchased the 93 cobra(to replace the 91), I went ahead and sold the 98. the 93 needs a ton of stuff done to it, but any car of its age will. I can only imagine how much work a 60's or 70's mustang requires. Some days it seems so much easier just to have a new car, other days I wouldn't want to be without it.

Mine has been in the garage since late november, I went in and started it the other day, and it brought a big smile to my face! I can't wait for some warmer weather!

BiLL1024

Established Member
I know how you feel. Mine needed a lot of work. Exhaust, paint, clutch, door pins. So I took a loan and had mine painted, did the door pins. New tail lights, floor mats, and hope to get the seats redone someday.
I am going to keep mine a long long time. I will take out another loan as soon as this is paid off and get the motor rebuilt, maybe a 331 stroker.
I have the sub frames just have to get them welded in. And I think some 373's this spring. And a nice chrome Hurst shifter with the white ball. All black inside needs something to stand out.
All this over time, do some now and do some later.
I can't tell you how many people beep at me and give a thumbs up !!! Got to love the 93 Cobra. Best fox ever made.
So fix it up and have a great time with it.

PJM99

Established Member
Love mine, needs a few TLC things but its no biggie. The car is 13 years old, so it is going to show some age.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
svtdriven said:
Mine has been in the garage since late november, I went in and started it the other day, and it brought a big smile to my face! I can't wait for some warmer weather!

I feel sorry for you northern guys! As much as I hate TX in the summer, the great winters and year round cruises more than make up for it.

I'll do a burnout for ya this weekend. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread