Getting the engine to sit lower?

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Outside of running race or full metale engine mounts, is there a known way of getting the engine to sit lower in the engine bay?

I am talking mainly about any particular aftermarket K memebers or ANYTHING, r4egardless of how major or minor the modification.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Can I ask why you want the engine to sit lower?

When getting an engine to sit lower in the engine bay you have to take into consideration that the oil pan will sit lower then the k-member, if running headers you will most likely have rubbing issues with the steering shaft and k-member (stock), oil pan might come into contact with steering rack, etc.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Can I ask why you want the engine to sit lower?

When getting an engine to sit lower in the engine bay you have to take into consideration that the oil pan will sit lower then the k-member, if running headers you will most likely have rubbing issues with the steering shaft and k-member (stock), oil pan might come into contact with steering rack, etc.

A very stupid reason. If my engine is jacked, I am going to probaly toss it for an 03/04 motor and I want to keep my hood.

Rich-C

Established Member
Shim the k-member.

Good Call...shim the K-member where it mounts to the body (this will bring your body up instead of bringing your engine down. If you have coil overs, just crank em down for normal ride height. I wouldn't do this for more than 1/2" tho. I'm not even sure if there is enough play in the k-member bolts to do so.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
The stock cobra hood will fit with 03-04 motor, you might just have to notch a small piece of the hood to clear the plenum area.

caliboy08

Established Member
an 03-04 cobra motor fits under the stock hood if you run a smaller pulley and notch a small piece out of the hood blanket where the pulley is or don't run one at all.....

crazycarlo

Established Member
u need to run an 2.8 or smaller upper and notch the hood where the IAC sits.....or you can run a dragon plenum which puts the IAC on the bottom. But it will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread