Getting the car sanded and buffed. Have ??'s

Diabolic

Established Member
On monday I am having my car wet sanded w/ 2000 grit paper?? Sound right?? Then polished and waxed. I have a black car and the spider webing, and scratches are just overwhelming. Once this has been done, what do i need to keep it looking good? PC, SSR1, VMG, VM Carnuba?? Should that do it, or can I skip the SSR1. I don't car if I have to wax it every week to keep all the scratches out of sight. JUst don't want it to ever get where it is right now again! Thanks for the help.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
One thing for sure is get some micro fiber towels and never use anything else to wipe the car off.

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
How much is the wet sanding going to cost you? I was thinking I might do the same to my black mustang in the near future. Are you going to have it done at a detail or paint/body shop? thanks.

Scott P

Established Member
You should examine all ways to prevent swirl marks. Use multiple lambswool mitts, one or the paint, one for the lower body and possibly one for the wheels. Wash your car with at least two buckets, one with soap and one clean one for rinsing. After each panel, rinse your mitt in the clean water, then go back to the wash bucket.

Try to run water out the open end of a hose to flow the excess water off the car. Then use a quality waffle weave towel to dry the car. If you use a leaf blower, be careful of dust or dirt on the surface of the ground.

Always use good MF towels or 100% cotton towels for your detailing duties.

Preventing swirls is much better than removing them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread