Getting ready to store for winter

BMT40

Established Member
We are suppose to get or 1st snow this week in NE so getting ready to put the Shelby away. I plan to change the oil/fliter prior to storage. It has pretty fresh Royal Purple from the previous owner. Should I still change it and what recommendations for oil/filter to use? It is an 11' SVTPP with 40k, TVS, CAI, TB, tune, etc.

Is there any other steps I should take before storing besides wash, wax, car cover? Is it necessary to put in on jackstands as I have read? Also have read to change coolant, tranny, and axle fluids?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I think changing the trans and rear end fluid would be a personal preference thing for some. I know I personally only change the oil and ensure that my cooling systems both engine and intercooler fluid have enough anti-freeze to make it through the winter. Not having enough coolant in the intercooler fluid could be very bad if the intercooler froze and cracked.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I think changing the trans and rear end fluid would be a personal preference thing for some. I know I personally only change the oil and ensure that my cooling systems both engine and intercooler fluid have enough anti-freeze to make it through the winter. Not having enough coolant in the intercooler fluid could be very bad if the intercooler froze and cracked.

i just changed my oil as well and check the antifreeze and thats it for mine.

BMT40

Established Member

That's what I was thinking, changing everything seemed a bit excessive to me. I think I'll just fill the tank with 95 add stabil, change the oil/filter check the other fluids, put a tarp down, a cover on it, and air the tires up +10psi. Thank you for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread