Getting Ready for Boost Help!!!

slow_cobra

Established Member
Well i'm getting ready for adding a supercharger to my cobra however I want to do everything right the first time since or as close as it can be. This is what i plan on running as of right now please correct me if i'm doing something wrong or if you have a better setup

Vortech supercharger
42lb injectors
80mm maf
70mm tb
walbro 255lph
sct chip
3g alternator
efans
e303 cam?? (this is what i'm not sure of)
3.73 gears

Basically i'm just trying to get as close to 400hp as i can just for a nice every now and then cruiser

TX93Cobra

Established Member
looks like what im getting ready to do as well. im going to be running an anderson b-25 cam instead of the e303 i have in there now with brodix heads. im sure youll make the power your looking for easily.

racerbox77

Established Member
Run at least 10psi through it with good exhaust and you should be closer to 500rwhp not 400. Check my sig, that's pretty much my set up.
Also if your keeping the stock intake and you run the regular Vortech pipe from the charger to throttle body I wouldn't waste your money on a 70mm blade.

sent from my EVO 3D

Last edited:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Pretty close to same as me, except screw the alphabet cams, get a blower cam. I run the B31 myself, mucho torque.

-- Your list compared to mine
Vortech supercharger - I have the SQV2, but I would get the SQi with the concealed oil.
42lb injectors - 39lb cobra units
80mm maf - 85mm maf
70mm tb - 75TB
walbro 255lph - Same
sct chip - Diablo tune by Paul's Automotive Engineering | Cincinnati, Ohio | Proven Performance
3g alternator - Will be upgrading to this, stocker died in a year.
efans - SSP police clutch mechanical fan, Never been above 180, even in traffic.
e303 cam?? (this is what i'm not sure of) Get a blower cam from anderson, well worth the torque
3.73 gears - Stock tire height and T5 or TKO, you can't shift that fast. Go 3.31-3.55 or run a 28" tall tire.

Aftermarket intake - All about the same - I like the undercover stock look, so I run a ported exlpoder
Heads - I run a used set of Trickflow trackheats
Radiator - quality aluminum
Headers I run a JBA shorty, but Paul recommends a long tube for even more low end torque.
Fuel rail - SN95 94-95 is larger ID then a 87-93, cheap upgrade or go aluminum, again I am undercover.

Oh important get a good clutch or plan to smoke one. I had a centerforce and it went bye bye quick. I have a zoom dual friction now.

Ignition stay far away from the MSD billet distributor, stock 5.0 is all you need and a MSD box.

Good luck and have fun, I just picked up a Vortech Max Cooler, so now I get to pulley down.

Get a drag radial unless you like spinning tires even fourth. Which then comes good axles.

Users who are viewing this thread