getting ready for a new set up

94slowbra1

Established Member
And finally a finished pic. Like I said above, I still need to install the STB and clean everything up. But this gives a pretty good idea
20190828_131945-3024x2268.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
so im finally done. except for the strut tower brace and the p[plastic piece on the firewall. im making sure everything is good to go before i bolt the brace back in, its a MFer to get on and off.
things i learned and tips for install:
whipple makes a great product but their instructions suck and the could have made some adjustments over the years from all the small things that could be changed
installing the blower, intake and fuel stuff together is a must, im not sure how you would be able to do it piece by piece in the car
the tps harness needs to be extended due to the new location of the tps
you need an iac adapter from cobra engineering if you want to keep your a/c (i do)
You need a slot style maf
You need an adapter harness for you new maf
you need aftermarket fuel rails to clear the plenum
having the j2fab flow mod makes install even more difficult due to its size
the MMSTB-8 brace does fit!!!
the last injector on the pass side is bitch to get clipped into the harness
mark your vac hose very good, again whipples instructions as to what goes where is garbage

thats all i can think of right now. im waiting on 04sleeper to get me a tune then we will start making some noise. i plan to strap it on a dyno once its fully dialed in to see what it makes. my fuel is pump e70

I wonder how much of this is because you're running the crusher set up? I'm planning on keeping my current JLT CAI.

94slowbra1

Established Member
things i learned and tips for install:
whipple makes a great product but their instructions suck and the could have made some adjustments over the years from all the small things that could be changed
installing the blower, intake and fuel stuff together is a must, im not sure how you would be able to do it piece by piece in the car: i do this with all blowers, much easier to assemble out of the car
the tps harness needs to be extended due to the new location of the tps: crusher only
you need an iac adapter from cobra engineering if you want to keep your a/c (i do): crusher only
You need a slot style maf: if you are running a jlt intake you can keep your same meter
You need an adapter harness for you new maf: only if running a slot style maf, crusher intake only has provision for slot style
you need aftermarket fuel rails to clear the plenum: crusher only, but they are a nice upgrade
having the j2fab flow mod makes install even more difficult due to its size: this upgrade was a pain on my tvs too
the MMSTB-8 brace does fit!!!: every blower ive had so far has fit underneath
the last injector on the pass side is bitch to get clipped into the harness: whipple blowers in general, but especially difficult with this one
mark your vac hose very good, again whipples instructions as to what goes where is garbage: i do this with all blowers but its especially difficult with the crusher because no ports are in their regular locations

hope this clears some things up. by no means am i trying to bash this blower or whipple. it was just one of the more difficult ones ive done. also i know some peeps on here like to only do mods they can reverse, not sure thats the case with this one. with all that being said id do it again tomorrow!

dmaxk

Established Member
Just did this same blower install on my buddies car. He was running a VMP 2.3 gen2 locked the rotor up after 4k miles and he is a conservative driver! Tuning next week on E70 2lb lower 3.5" upper. Curious what numbers you see! Not trying to thread jack but figured I would share a photo of the VMP carnage. View attachment 1595909

94slowbra1

Established Member
Execat swap i just did except my tvs was still in good shape. Only difference now is I run a 4lb lower with the 3.5 upper.
Good luck on the tuning, keep me posted.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
thanks bro. kevin is working on the tune as i type this. hopefully i can make it out to houston for a cars and coffee and catch up with a few other terminator owners

Nice! I talked to Kevin last weekend and I asked about your car! Hopefully yours ends up like the other 2.9 gen4s......NORTH of 800! That blower is nasty! Lol

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well it fired right up with his first tune and he has already revised it. Sent him some logs so I'm now waiting on the next revision.
Hopefully so. Main goal here is to make some power and live to tell about it. I know I'm flirting with the limits of internal parts. Time will tell

JCDriller

Established Member
Man I'm excited to see this, thanks for posting up. Will this be the same dyno used with your 2.3? Can't wait this may be my next move.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Unfortunately I never got a chance to dyno the tvs set up, I can only go off what other combos similar to mine made.i will strap this one down because I know a bunch of people are curious about the new gen4.
Also I'm curious to feel the difference between the two blowers. The tvs was violent on the hit. Let's see how this one compares.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Can you paint the rim of the polished pulley black? Then it'll blend in with the Metcos. It's something I've been kicking around for mine.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I thought about that but the only part that is black on the metco's is where the pulley rides. They are wider than the whipple pulley so its decieving. Maybe the very top that sticks above the belt? I'll have to look at it better and see

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
It’s too bad Whipple doesn’t make idlers to match their blower pulleys or Metco doesn’t make blower pulleys to match their idlers!

MG0h3

Established Member
Polished. I run an RR on my Whipple and it’s the first thing that catches your eye.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
It’s too bad Whipple doesn’t make idlers to match their blower pulleys or Metco doesn’t make blower pulleys to match their idlers!
You would think since metco is already in the pulley game it wouldn't take much to make them for aftermarket blowers. I know I'd love a set that all matched. Oh well, first world problems I guess

Users who are viewing this thread