Getting new injectors, 24lb. or 30 lb.???

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
At 180,000+ miles I'm thinking my injectors are due for retirement and I have a buddy that has a set of 24's with less than 10,000 miles on them and a set of 30's with 8,000 miles so essentially they're all brand new.

I have no plans of making more power than I am currently at with an intake, longtubes, offroad H, and Magnapacks but I am getting a tune later this year.

I've read in the past that injectors don't work as well/are less efficient as they get closer to maxing out so I'm wondering if after these bolt on's and the tune I'd be better off with the 30's?

Driveability is the biggest concern as this is my daily driver and gets autocrossed quite a bit so it spends most of it's life at part throttle.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Any idea what the 24's max out at power wise?

RPM Outlet claims they are at %85 of their duty cycle at 251 horsies and I remember reading that %85 is the max duty cycle you should run your injectors at.

97svtman

Established Member
stock cobra's came with 24's unless your going to hit close to 400rwhp you want need anything bigger. and you will have to calibrate anything else with a tune.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
PM wiseguy in the MACA forum, he has an injector cleaning and rebuilding service for members.

He cleans, rebuilds and flow bench tests them(give you the readouts for each); last he number them for each cylinder so you know the exact placement. Fast turn around time to.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
PM wiseguy in the MACA forum, he has an injector cleaning and rebuilding service for members.

He cleans, rebuilds and flow bench tests them(give you the readouts for each); last he number them for each cylinder so you know the exact placement. Fast turn around time to.

I'd love to but I don't have another car to drive while he does it :(

Users who are viewing this thread