getting a lot of clutch chatter lately...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
tried to do a search but all i got was people talking about how much this and that performance clutch chatters....

anyhoo. This happens from 1st anytime i take off from a stop. The clutch it still very grabby and i already did the usual clutch test of putting it in 5th at a low rate of speed to see if the RPM's get away but it does just fine. Even driving spiritually it grabs hard. Its the inital take off thats starting to annoy the hell out of me...Its hard to tell if its the clutch or the cpu holding back because it feels VERY sluggish for a second at times as well. The car has 34k miles so im sure Fords first and only lazy conclusion before looking into it is simply making me buy a new clutch...

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Do you race it?....burnouts, powershifts, etc?...Have you read about the trans issues with the 11's (Bolt backing out)?? It seems most cases where that has happened, the car has had less miles than you have, but it may be something to consider looking at.

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Its been to the 1/8th twice. Last time was over a year ago. This started happening recently too. I know about the tsbs but like you mentioned its odd for it to start now. Hoping to get some freetimw from work to get it to Ford. Is there a certain build date? Cause when I tried to get the fluid changed just to be safe they blew me off and said if I didnt get a letter then my build date isn't effected.didnt even bother looking into it...:/

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Your talking about a stock clutch right? If so you got your use out of it beating on it ...i'd say its time to step up, and if you do make sure you get a new slave and pilot bearing!!

robbyrobs

Established Member
My car does have stock clutch, I bought it with 23k miles and I DD the car and wouldn't even say I drive it aggressively. I also did the 4th/5th gear test and the clutch grabbed fine.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I would'nt waste time coddling it from here on out, once there is a sign of weakness with the stock clutch its time to toss it. It will get worse rapidly. Time to go shopping!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread